    I am using an eMachines 2160 with 60GB and 256MB SDRAM.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thanks to all. Phlegmox

    Michael Zaret, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Michael Zaret

    Rich Barry Guest

    MIchael, take a look here
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Error+7023+in+WinXP&btnG=Google+Search

    "Michael Zaret" <> wrote in message news:%...
    Hello,
    Ever since the first day I got this machine (purchased new 2/2003 I have had an intermittent booting problem. On occasion while the little green boxes are moving from left to right across the screen during boot up, they stall for about 2 to 5 seconds. When this happens, I end up at the login screen with the mouse, and keyboard frozen. I have no choice but to manually power off the system, and reboot.
    I have noted that when this happens there is an error 7023 in the event viewer "system" log file. But, I am not able to view the event error "application" file because it says "file is corrupt".
    I have tried a long list of diagnostic tests suggested by some good folks at the Ziff-Davis forum site to no avail. I regularly run Spybot, Adware6, McAffee Virus Scan, and I have a Firewall in place.

    Rich Barry, Dec 23, 2003