Windows XP XP Control Panel??

Reaction score
Hi gang! I am having a problem with my control panel. When I open "CP" and wait for the list of programs to be populated I wait, and wait and wait. It is not listing my programs so that I can uninstall a program that is causing me some problems. This started with my programs running slow. Opening a program and going from one thing to the next takes forever. I'm not computer illterate but this one has me stumped. I notice that htere is a guy named Larry Gardener I believe that was addressing this very problem for another guy named Erik. I didn't quite get everything he was trying to say about what to do about the problem so if anyone can help please email me at my address. I have a hard time getting around some of these forums. Thanks everyone. Deb:bow:

Attachments

• 41664_1044148703_9393_n.jpg
    41664_1044148703_9393_n.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 121

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
You can attempt to run the applet right from the run box.

control.exe appwiz.cpl

If that doesn't work, get to Safe Mode. Restart, tap F8 until you see the Windows startup options. Choose Safe Mode, hit enter. After the system starts, get to control panel and run your add/remove.

Reaction score
Hey Big guy!!! Thanks so much for the quick response. Thank god it ain't both computers doin' this. I'll give what you suggest a shot and let you know how things pan out. Thanks again. Oh.....the Hilton........I could do that. :cheers:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
One additional note I forgot to post. If you get into safe mode and unistall your application, be certain to do a registry search for the offending program. That is, if you feel comfortable editing the registry.

Do an interwebz search for the application and see if you can find out what kind of names to search for in relation to these registry entries. Choose the option for Safe Mode with Networking and you will be able to connect to the interwebz to do this search as you are removing.

Ask a Question