    Something to do with conflicting hardware which will work quite happily
    under earlier OSs, but XP is more choosy.

    Ta muchly.

    Trent SC, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726

    HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
    Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

    HOW TO: Install Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316941&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Feb 3, 2005

  3. Do you mean Upgrade Advisor, #3 on this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/default.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/