Windows XP xp/2000 dual boot setup help plz

Reaction score
hi

i want to install windows 2000 onto my system as a 2nd os, i currently have xp pro installed. the current state of my hard disks/partions and xp location are as follows

snap18jw.jpg

my xp pro install is on the c drive

i created the 0 (2000) disk as the intnded target for the 2000 install, as pic shows i have partion magic installed as well as bootmagic.

what do i do from here? if i set my pc to boot from disc and run the windows 2000 installer at startup will that allow me to install it onto the 0 (2000) drive, leaveing the f ang g partions untouched, and still able to boot eiather os with bootmagic?

to any1 good enough to help, please bear in mind that im not very good with pcs and get confused easily by "logical disk/partion/drive" etc etc talk:(

nody and big ears style step by step instructions would best if possable plz

thanks to any1 that can help

boz

Reaction score
I probably will not be able to tell you exactly what to do, but maybe I can give you a little more info.

I don't have a duel boot with two Windows OS's. I have Windows and Linux. When I put in the Linux disk, it comes to a point in the setup where it notices that there is Windows installed. From that point you are asked what partition to install the new OS on. The part I can't answer is if Windows 2000 will prompt you to choose between partitions. What I ca tell you is want to choose to Clean Install then the next step that you want to look for is this, "I want to choose the installation partition during Setup"

If you want clear instructions use this

Duel Boot

Good luck

Always backup :p

Av

Ask a Question