Wrong username/password in Dtal-up Connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Malke, Jul 24, 2005.

  1. Malke

    Malke Guest

    Chiropter wrote:

    > In one of my computers (WinXP Home SP2) I created a dial-up connection
    > using Connection Wizard. It works fine. To make it automatic
    > connection, I unchecked boxes (prompt for un and pw, prompt for tel #,
    > display progress---these are checked by default) in Dialing options
    > (Control
    > Panel/Internet Option/Connection/Settings/Properties/Options). I
    > unchecked those boxes so that dialing will be automatic. Then I get an
    > error message --- wrong un and pw.
    >
    > In my another computer (WinXP Pro), same setting works fine using same
    > un and pw.
    >
    > Why are the correct un and pw rejected when it was made automatic
    > connection in this XP Home computer? I suspect it has something to do
    > with registry settings such as DefaultUsername. Or does this problem
    > happen only to XP Home?
    > Please help.

    The reason you are getting the error has nothing to do with
    automatic/manual settings; it is because the username and/or password
    you entered in when setting up the account is/are incorrect. You may
    have had capslock on, or mistyped something. The connection username
    and password settings have nothing to do with the Default Username on
    the computer.

    Re-enter the username and password correctly and check your connection
    settings to make sure they exactly match the ones on the computer that
    works.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Malke

    BrianC Guest

    How many degrees is it at 1:45 PM?

    Chiropter, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Malke

    Kelly Guest

    Hmm, dunno.....how many?

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Kelly, Jul 25, 2005
  5. Malke

    Kelly Guest

    Type it in again and then run:

    Keep Ras Connection within Fast User Switching (Line 32)

    Kelly, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Malke

    David Candy Guest

    Sometimes DUN passwords (not UN) get corrupt. Just reenter them.

    David Candy, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Malke

    Chiropter Guest

    Chiropter, Jul 25, 2005
  8. Malke

    Kelly Guest

    Most welcome, glad all is well and thanks for the feedback. It will help
    others. :blush:)

    Kelly, Jul 30, 2005