Worm wriggles through Yahoo mail flaw

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
new worm that targets Yahoo e-mail users is on the loose, taking advantage of an JavaScript flaw, a security company has warned. The Yamanner worm targets all versions of Yahoo Web-based mail except the latest beta version, Symantec said in an advisory released Monday.

At the time of the advisory, there was no patch for the vulnerability. But by later on Monday, Yahoo said it had come up with a fix for the flaw, which it said had affected very few of its customers.

"We have taken steps to resolve the issue and protect our users from further attacks of this worm. The solution has been automatically distributed to all Yahoo Mail customers, and requires no additional action on the part of the user," a Yahoo representative said.

Both Yahoo and Symantec are encouraging people to update the antivirus definitions on their PCs.
ouch!

http://news.com.com/Worm+wriggles+through+Yahoo+mail+flaw/2100-7349_3-6082934.html?tag=nefd.top

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No need to even open an attachment - I bet some users got a shock :eek:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Those affected by the worm maybe thinking of switching. I just got a call from a friend who was complaining of address book error and also when he tried to respond to an email he gets the error that the file does not exist. :confused:

Hope not many are affected.

Ask a Question