    way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
    because I'm on the brink of insanity!

    , Nov 2, 2003

  2. Guest Guest

    click on single spacing.

    Good luck

    Guest, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Robert Guest

    On 02/11/2003 wrote:

    > In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
    > and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
    > double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
    > why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
    > way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
    > because I'm on the brink of insanity!

    _______________

    Hi!
    This can happen when you are pasting from a Web page or some other
    document with double spacing.
    Simply select the "faulty" lines/paragraphs, then apply single line
    spacing to them.
    Note that line spacing automatically carriers over from one paragraph
    to the next each time you press the ENTER key. So if you have one
    paragraph with double line spacing, all subsequent paragraphs will have
    double line spacing unless and until you manually change this by
    selecting the lines/paragraph where you want a change in line spacing
    to occur.
    --
    Cheers,
    Robert

    Robert, Nov 2, 2003
  4. wrote:

    > In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
    > and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
    > double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
    > why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
    > way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
    > because I'm on the brink of insanity!

    Mystery. I would suspect the printer driver. Don't know.

    To avoid working the problem and fix the symptom. Select/Copy all the
    text it Notepad. Save it as file in Notepad. Then open that new file in
    Wordpad. All the formatting, including fonts, will have been stripped
    out. May clear it.

    Also, try another font.

    Rob Schneider, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Robert Guest

    On 02/11/2003 Rob Schneider wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    > > In my Wordpad document, the first part is single-spaced
    > > and the second part is double-spaced and is continuing to
    > > double-space and I can't for the life of me figure out
    > > why. All the font type and size is uniform. I've spent
    > > way too long trying to figure this out. Please help
    > > because I'm on the brink of insanity!

    > Mystery. I would suspect the printer driver. Don't know.
    >
    > To avoid working the problem and fix the symptom. Select/Copy all
    > the text it Notepad. Save it as file in Notepad. Then open that new
    > file in Wordpad. All the formatting, including fonts, will have been
    > stripped out. May clear it.
    >
    > Also, try another font.

    _______________

    Hi!
    1) This is NOT a printing problem. Printing will only produce what is
    visible in the document window. The double line spacing is apparent in
    the document window. This problem has to be fixed at the document level.

    2) Font formatting and paragraph formatting are 2 completely different
    things. Since, "All the font type and size is uniform" in the document,
    this is NOT a font formatting problem. Consequently, there is no point
    in "stripping out" "all the formatting, including fonts". Opening the
    document in Notepad to strip all formatting would be overkill.

    3) All that needs to be done is to change the double line spacing to
    single line spacing. This does not require to open the document in
    another (plain text) editor. Here is how to proceed in WordPad which
    lacks a line spacing paragraph formatting function:

    a) Select the "faulty" lines with double line spacing.
    b) Cut them to the Windows Clipboard (CTRL+X).
    c) Use the WordPad "Edition | Paste Special" menu command and select
    "Non formatted text" to insert the cut lines back into your document.

    The "faulty lines" will be back, but with single line spacing. The
    original font formatting will be kept.
    --
    Cheers,
    Robert