    A document was opened in Word with different formatting than default type
    settings. Now all documents have the formatting applied. Any clues how to
    get back the original formats? TIA.

    Red Stripe, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Red Stripe

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Are you in Normal view? If changing to Print Layout view fixes the
    problem, then make sure that "Draft font" is cleared on the View menu
    of Tools>Options.

    On the other hand, if the problem affects new documents (not existing
    ones), try to rename the normal template so that Word creates a fresh
    copy for you; instructions can be found at
    http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm (see "Method
    1" in the "The simplest fix: cleaning up Normal.dot" section).

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Feb 3, 2006

  3. Red Stripe

    Stefan Blom Guest

    "Stefan Blom" wrote in message
    > Are you in Normal view? If changing to Print Layout view fixes the
    > problem, then make sure that "Draft font" is cleared on the View
    > menu
    > of Tools>Options.

    Of course, I meant to say "View tab", not "View menu".

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Feb 3, 2006