    I'm using Picture It and I try to access the file, it doesn'
    recongnize it, because of the Word format, however the file is ther
    as shown by Properities

    myers45, Jan 13, 2004

  2. myers45

    Mark Tangard Guest

    Hi myers45,

    I don't believe there's a way to go directly from Word to JPEG, but
    you can probably do it via one of a few known multi-step methods.
    I'd probably print the file to Adobe Acrobat to make a PDF (requires
    the full version of Acrobat, not the free Acrobat reader), then open
    it in Acrobat and save it into JPG format. (PDFs are often the most
    convenient connection between disparate formats.)

    If the file is just a single page, AND if you don't care much about
    the clarity of the result (for example, if you're just making a
    thumbnail image) you could adjust the zoom in Word to display the
    whole page, then press ALT+PrintScreen (puts an image of the active
    window on the clipboard), then open an image-editing program and run
    its Paste command, then crop out the non-document portion of the image.

    One thought: If you've never heard of Acrobat or PDFs, and you *do*
    care about the clarity of the final image (that is, you're trying to
    create an image of your Word document that can't be easily edited),
    then Acrobat is exactly what you want.

    --
    Mark Tangard, Microsoft Word MVP
    Note well: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.

    Mark Tangard, Jan 14, 2004

  3. myers45

    Graham Mayor Guest

    You could use your fax software - faxes send graphics formats but the
    resolution may be unacceptably low.
    Better still SnagIt (link on the favourites page of my web site) is a superb
    tool for this sort of thing. You can 'print' a multipage document to its
    driver and it will save each page in whatever graphics format you can think
    of - including jpg.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    Graham Mayor, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Pretty easy and fun, once you get the hang of it.

    You can do this using PrtScrn - even better if you use a free print screen
    software such as Gadwin Print Screen (http://www.gadwin.com/)

    If the document is fairly large, you can do this in step.

    Bring up the doc.

    1) Hit the PrtScrn key (or use Gadwin or other software as directed) to save
    the first portion to the clipboard.
    2) Open MS Paint and paste in (ctrl V) the clip. Paint may ask you if you
    want the bitmap enlarged to accommodate the clip. Click Yes.
    3) At this point you probably want to enlarge the bitmap even more
    (lengthwise and widthwise) to accept the other pieces. You can do this using
    the "Image" menu and clicking on "attributes." Make sure you enlarge it
    enough (you can always shrink the bitmap (white area) later (drag it smaller
    or go back to attributes) if you make it too big.
    piece, but you can drag it down or sideways (don't click it until you have
    it in the right spot because that locks it in) so that the seam between the
    two parts disappears. (Yes, you can stitch pieces together to ABSOLUTE
    perfection using MS Paint!)
    6) Repeat this as many time as needed to get all the pieces (you also can
    make separate files if you are doing more than one page).
    7) If you have the proper converters installed, Paint will save as a fairly
    low quality jpeg. If not or if you need higher quality, save as a bitmap and
    reopen in another software (MS Photo Ed, Adobe Photodeluxe, Photoshop, the
    free Irfanview (http://www.topshareware.com/IrfanView-transfer-4113.htm) )
    and resave as higher quality jpeg.)

    This procedure works great and can be used for many things!!1 Post back if
    you have problems and good luck.

    --
    Regards,
    Anthony Giorgianni

    The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
    to the newsgroup.

    Anthony Giorgianni, Jan 14, 2004