wmiprvse.exe - Application Error

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I started getting the following error at least once a
day, usually right after I log in. However, sometimes it just pops up in the
middle of the day a couple of times.

"wmiprvse.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x7c91103c"
referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". When I
click okay, another screen comes up with the same message again. Sometimes
it comes up more than once. After I click it away, my machine appears to run
fine.

I have checked my machine for viruses or spyware. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Renee

OS - Windows XP-SP2

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

From your post I understand that you have encountered "wmiprvse.exe -
Application Error. The instruction at "0x7c91103c" referenced memory at
"0x00000000". The memory could not be "written" error. If I have
misunderstood your concerns plesae feel free to let me know.

Suggestion1: Perform a Clean Boot and verify if the issue persists.
-------------------------------
Based on my research, the issue may occur due to third-party
applications/services. To isolate the effect of third party applications, I
would like to suggest you perform a Clean Boot.

1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in
the Open box, and then click OK.
2. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
3. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox,
and then click the "Disable All" button.
4. Click OK and restart your computer.

Suggestion 2: Please boot the system into Safe Mode environment and test
the issue. Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration,
disabling Windows device drivers and using the standard VGA display
adapter.

-------------------------------
1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On
a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems,
you can press the F8 key when you see the Boot Menu.

2. In "Windows Advanced Option Menu", use the arrow keys to select Safe
Mode with Networking, and then press ENTER.

3. If you are running other operating systems on the computer, click
Microsoft Windows on the list that is displayed and then press ENTER.

Hope the information helps. Please let me know the results. If anything is
unclear please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support