Windows Vista WMI damaged/error 0x80041003

Reaction score
Hi,

For the past 2 months, my computer has suddenly shut off probably 10-15 times, mostly during using Skype, and once or twice during a computer scan. Someone told me it might be because of a damaged repository in my WMI/WBEM. If I were to try to fix it, what all, if any, data should I back up that would be affected by trying to fix this? Plus, is it a huge problem?

Reaction score
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 3/19/2009 9:15:40 AM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: flamencogirl-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-03-19T14:15:40.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>9686</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>flamencogirl-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Reaction score
I want to thank you for replying to me! Just had a quick question. I've tried right-clicking on the resolution script that was in the link you sent me, and then pasting it to a new file made in Notepad. All it says is Copy Background, and it ends up not copying the actual resolution script. You know what I can do?

Thanks!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Try it here ...

Code:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
& strComputer & "\root\subscription")

Set obj1 = objWMIService.Get("__EventFilter.Name='BVTFilter'")

set obj2set = obj1.Associators_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

set obj3set = obj1.References_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

For each obj2 in obj2set
				WScript.echo "Deleting the object"
				WScript.echo obj2.GetObjectText_
				obj2.Delete_
next

For each obj3 in obj3set
				WScript.echo obj3.GetObjectText_
				obj3.Delete_
next

WScript.echo obj1.GetObjectText_
obj1.Delete_

Remember to 'highlight' all the code in the box before right-clicking ;)

Reaction score
Thanks so much! Can you tell me how to "run" the script now? And then how to delete all the past ID 10 errors without messing anything else up? Sorry, I'm not a big tech wizard like you!

muckshifter

Reaction score
flamencoqueen said:
Thanks so much! Can you tell me how to "run" the script now? And then how to delete all the past ID 10 errors without messing anything else up? Sorry, I'm not a big tech wizard like you!
Thanks, but I ain't either ... :D

You paste the code into notepad, then save-as Test.vbs ... be careful here, notepad may just save it as an ordinary text file (Test.txt), just make sure the extension is .vbs

Save the file to your desktop, or folder of choice, and right-click it and insure you "run as administrator" to activate it.

How one clears the logs of other id10t errors, I'm not sure. :blush: I've never bothered clearing any error messages in event viewer.

:user:

Reaction score
Ok, tried right-clicking on the desktop icon, and it never gives the option to run as the administrator. I did save the file as Test.vbs.

muckshifter

Reaction score
hmmm

did you try just double-clicking it ?

:user:

Reaction score
Yes, double-clicking the icon just brings up the whole script; double-clicking the script in Notepad doesn't do anything.

muckshifter

Reaction score
when you right-click the file on the desktop, what options are listed ... the file name is test.vbs it should just run as any other command file

:confused:

Reaction score
same problem

I have the same problem and found that solution on microsofts site and it didnt work so i reformatted to go back to xp but i thought i'd see if it worked just with a format but no luck ... now trying that again i get an error after i run the script (also dont see a run as the admin but prolly cause im logged in as the admin) heres my new error message

Script: C:\Users\Bull\Desktop\test.vbs
Line: 18
Char: 5
error: access denied
Code: 80041003
Source SWbemObjectEx

I'm going to try running it in safe mode as well let you know if anything changes

Reaction score
try turning off user account control in your control panel under users ... that seemed to make it work for me

Reaction score
I had a similar problem that had the same error message. Instead I was using logmein to remote connect to one of our computers and it would kick us off as soon as we logged in. I tried the fix and it worked for the first connection when someone was using that computer. I quickly tried a different computer and it would kick me off right as I tried to remote in. So I tried to run the test.vsb again and it gave me an error message saying:

Script: C:\Users\William\Desktop\Test.vbs
Line: 7
Char: 1
Error: Not Found
Code: 80041002
Source: SWbermServicesEx

It sounds like it can't find the file and run it when it is clearly on the desktop. Would I need to restart the computer again and try the test. Or recreate the file and try again?

Ask a Question