    ISP (I've got a router with builtin 4 port switch with DHCP function). How
    is it possible for me to run a web server and terminal server with only 1 Ip
    address assign to the router interface??? How can this be achieve?? Thanks.

    Joe M, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Joe M

    Ryan Guest

    Your router should have a forwarding facility which will allow requests to
    ports on the router to be forwarded to an address on the internal LAN.

    Ryan

    "Joe M" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, if I my ISP gave me only 1 global static ip address 203.145.145.145
    > 255.255.255.252 . And I assign this IP address to the router interface

    into

    Ryan, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Joe M

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Joe M wrote:
    > Hi, if I my ISP gave me only 1 global static ip address
    > 203.145.145.145 255.255.255.252 . And I assign this IP address to the
    > router interface into ISP (I've got a router with builtin 4 port
    > switch with DHCP function). How is it possible for me to run a web
    > server and terminal server with only 1 Ip address assign to the
    > router interface??? How can this be achieve?? Thanks.

    You need a router that supports NAT.
    This will allow all incoming Web traffic to the public IP address to be
    translated and sent to your web server , and the same for your terminal
    services server.

    Check teh router instructions for how to configure this.

    --
    Alex

    Sig missing , presumed formatted

    Dr Zoidberg, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Joe M

    Dodo Guest

    You must configure the router to forward port 80-tcp from 203.145.145.145 to
    the private IP address of the web server. You can run any number of services
    with one IP because each service uses a different port. Catch is, you can
    only run one of each service.

    Common services and port numbers:
    smtp 25-tcp
    http 80-tcp
    dns 53-udp
    pop3 110-tcp
    more at http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

    I'm not able to detect a web server listening on port 80 at 203.145.145.145.

    Dodo, Nov 25, 2003