Witcher 3 on GTX 560?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm considering getting Witcher 3, as it seems to get really positive ratings all round - and I really enjoyed the Mass Effect and Fallout series (so stand a chance of enjoying this too!).

However... I've only got a GTX 560. I've never struggled to run a game before, but I've not bought anything that would tax my PC for some time.

Do I stand a good chance of being able to run this at a decent quality, or should I hold on until the next batch of graphics cards arrive before trying to play it? I'm tempted by a 960, but would rather see what is around the corner before upgrading if it's just for a single game.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TC :). I forgot to mention a critical part in my first message in that the game recommends a GTX 660 or above, but it's not a hard requirement so it'll technically run - just below spec, I'm just not sure if that'll be unsatisfactory.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you wait to see what graphics card is round the corner before purchasing it's highly likely you'll never upgrade ;)

Just buy the best you can afford right now.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
canirunit.JPG
I just tried that 'Can I run it' site/app and received the above message:

I suppose that's because I don't have Java installed but I'm not loading their 'app' cos I probably shouldn't trust them.

Call me wary...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I solved the problem by buying Shadow of Mordor from the Steam sale instead - that should keep me busy for a while and save a few bob for the time being :D.

I really want to hold off for a little longer considering that the 560 runs everything else really well, I hope I can get another 6 months out of it :).

Ask a Question