Wireless Ntwork advice please

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Am wanting a wireless network for home use. 2 PC's , one running XP Pro and the other 98. Mainly for gameing but the XP machine has a Freeserve Broadband connection. Can i use the Network for High Speed internet connection sharing as well?
Any advice on systems or pitfalls would be most appreciated.
Thanks
General Panic :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, internet connection sharing would be no problem at all! You can configure Windows XP to share the connection over wireless, and it will create a disk with some software to run on the Windows 98 machine that will connect to the Windows XP one and share the connection.

You'll have to set up the wireless drivers first though :)

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Due to my student credentials I live in a moderate sized flat, and have a wireless network for my PC, my partners, and our laptops. The range is terrible even though it said 100m on the transmitter >.< but usable.

It's also started cutting the net off from time to time which is odd.

All I'll say is buy QUALITY and remember that securing a wireless network is quite hard :) So it's worth reading up on it first :)

Ask a Question