    I'm posting this to this newsgroup because I never got an answer to this in
    the W2K general newsgroup. I've also been unable to find an answer to this
    question on the web

    DaffyD®, Dec 22, 2008

  2. DaffyD®

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Mostly the same people read this one as well. If the device is new then
    there may not be a driver for Windows 2000 from the manufacturer. You might
    try uninstalling the device from Device Manager and let windows use a
    generic device driver.

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Dec 22, 2008

  3. DaffyD®

    DaffyD® Guest

    I tried that. The generic driver is installed. For some reason, it blocks
    W2K from starting. I guess there's no easy tech answer to this problem.

    DaffyD®, Dec 24, 2008
  4. DaffyD®

    Dave Patrick Guest

    What does that mean? blue screen stop error?

    Dave Patrick, Dec 24, 2008
  5. DaffyD®

    DaffyD® Guest

    There is no blue screen at all. It's a blank black screen. There's no bootup
    screens at all showing the memory, the screen where it says to press F8,
    nothing. I was going to buy a new wireless mouse since the one I was trying
    out belongs to my daughter--she bought it for her laptop--but I'm not sure
    if any wireless mouse would cause this problem. A wired mouse works fine.

    DaffyD®, Jan 4, 2009
  6. DaffyD®

    Dave Patrick Guest

    If the pc stops at some point before windows starts then for some reason
    your mobo isn't happy with it. So simply unplugging the device allows
    windows to start up?

    Dave Patrick, Jan 4, 2009
  7. DaffyD®

    edwardsprague

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have the same problem, anyone have a solution yet?

    edwardsprague, Jan 23, 2012