Wireless logins require access to local machines before domain logins can occur. Is there a way to b

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Networking' started by Guest, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I administer a school network using Windows 2000 Pro and a Windows 2000 server as the domain controller.

We have always used wired connections and have set up the network so that users MUST logon to the domain before they can access the local machine resources. In most cases these resources are very limited in any case since most of the SW is available through the network.

When I decided to increase the number of machines in our Library I decided to use wireless networking since we would need more hubs and wiring etc. All works well and the machines connect properly with all resources - provided an administrator first logs onto the local machine so that the Belkin802.11g network adapter can be recognized/installed - no messages are produced during the logon sequence. The administrator then logs off and the machine is now available for domain connection for other users.

This is a pain because after each restart of the machine an administrator must logon locally again. If there anyone who can help with this problem - I would be VERY grateful.

Peter

Guest, Oct 26, 2003
    1. Advertisements