Windows XP wireless connection / MS article 871122

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
icon1.gif
wireless connection / MS article 871122
I have an Asus S6F laptop with Windows XP, it looks great but seems to have a built in conficlt between the windows wireless connection and the Intel pro/Wireless 3945ABG which is dirving me mad. The intel pro/Wireless connection seems to have over ridden the windows connections because when I go to "view wireless networks" I can't view any networks, and if I click refresh I get a message:

Windows cannot configure this wireless connection
If you have enabled another program to manage this
wireless connection, use that software.
If you want Windows to configure this wireless
connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
service. For information about starting the WZC service,
see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the
microsoft.com Web site.

The trouble is that this conflcit is resulting in my wireless connection cutting out every half hour or so, and if I just try to restart it my laptop freezes, so I have to restart etc. Pain in the ass.

I've tried everything it says, reading article 871122 and starting WZC etc, but nothing works. I've even tried deleting pro/Wireless.

Anyone got any suggestions before I throw this thing on the fire?!?!?!
user_offline.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess either no one knows the answer, or understands the question, or both -- or just aint interested eh

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
hallward, I've removed your two other threads on this. Please don't make so many postings, one is quite enough - we can't track too many things at one.

Is there an icon for the Intel wireless application in the corner of your laptop? If so, is there an option when you right click on it to let Windows manage the wireless connection?

If you wish to enable WZC then follow these steps : http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/2007.html

Reaction score
I am getting this message when i am trying to connect my laptop to wireless access point. "Wireless cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you want windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero configuration (WZC). For more information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the microsoft.com website."
-Rahul

I think you have got third party software installed in your laptop to configure the wireless adaptor. Third party software seems to have disabled the Microsoft's Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. You need to re-enable it.

Follow the steps below to enable the WZC on your laptop.

1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.

2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

Some wireless adapters' configuration software deletes the WZC service. If that is the case, you can try this fix by editing registry value

(xp)

Reaction score
I have tried clicking the start button and click run and type in %systemroo%\system32\services.msc/s and then click ok double click w z c . In the startup list click automatic and then click apply. However I can still not connect to 3 wireless modem. I have contacted 3 network customer services and the say it is my computor. Do have any answers please thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
LODGE497 said:
I have tried clicking the start button and click run and type in %systemroo%\system32\services.msc/s and then click ok double click w z c . In the startup list click automatic and then click apply. However I can still not connect to 3 wireless modem. I have contacted 3 network customer services and the say it is my computor. Do have any answers please thanks

Please start a fresh thread in whichever section is relevant to your Operating System (which version of Windows, assuming you're using Windows)

Thank you :)

This old thread now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question