    I have tried several times using Microsoft Spyware to get
    rid of WinPup to no avail. WinPup seems to regenerate
    itself constantly.

    Rich, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Have you tried restarting in safe mode and doing full, deep, scans until one
    comes through clean?

    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    Bill Sanderson, Apr 27, 2005

  3. "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
    > Have you tried restarting in safe mode and doing full, deep, scans until one comes
    > through clean?

    Ron Kinner's services will be required on this one, as it has many variants
    and is very difficult to remove.
    Limited information here;
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/winpup/index.phtml

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Randy Knobloch, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Thanks, Randy--I was going by the "if MSAS identifies it it should be able
    to clean it rule."

    I suspect you are right, I don't know the bug.

    Bill Sanderson, Apr 28, 2005
  5. Please also submit a suspected spyware report to us (tools -> suspected
    spyware report)

    --
    -steve

    Steve Dodson [MSFT]