Windows 7 Windows7 not compatable with Sky?

Reaction score
New PC will probably becoming with Windows7.
Sky BB our internet provider dont see any problems with drivers etc.
But do not know yet from when they will support it!

Would going with Vista be a better bet & then upgrading to Win7 later when supported?
Is BOINC able to run on Windows7?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
BOINC works fine on 7, and so should SKY BB as 7 is really just an improved version of Vista :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Best to go with a fresh install of Windows 7, as it will ensure you don't have any legacy data transferred.

I'm using BOINC on Windows 7 with no problems at all, and I'm sure Sky BB will work fine. If it's using a router then it won't make any difference which OS you have :)

You'll really like Windows 7 I think :thumb:

Are you using Windows 7 already Ady?

Reaction score
Windows 7 RC and RTM works fine with Sky BB and Sky Player using Silverlight.

You just pick up an IP from DHCP so i've no idea what the issue with BB you may think you will have?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
feckit said:
Would going with Vista be a better bet & then upgrading to Win7 later when supported?
Is BOINC able to run on Windows7?
Sky BB will be fine, a router is a router.

If anything it will be better as Vista and 7 have improved the way the TCP/IP Stack works. ;)
Windows Vista introduces a number of new features to the TCP/IP stack, including CTCP, and TCP Window Auto-Tuning. This new implementation works much better by default than previous Windows versions with broadband internet connections, and is able to adjust the RWIN value on the fly, depending on the BDPTCP/IP parameters. Still, there is always some room for improvement, and this article explains known the tweakable TCP/IP parameters. (bandwidth-delay product). This, however, introduces some problems with older routers and restricts the user from tweaking some of the

Ask a Question