windows xp vpn client

Reaction score
I'm running a win2k vpn server, all my remote win2k vpn clients connect ok vi a cisco router. However, none of my winXP vpn clients are able to connect. I get a error 721: remote computer not responding. Any idea?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
1. Reboot the machine, verify your Username and Password, and try again. Check for realms, if in NT make sure you have nothing under domain, accept any auth including clear text is checked, and try unchecking Enable PPP LCP extensions. Make sure logon to network isn't checked. Make sure that nothing is typed in the DOMAIN field if this is NT.

2. This is often a POP problem. Try logging onto a different POP. 718 is usually on the ISP's end, but NOT ALWAYS. If there are multiple calls coming into the ISP's callcenter then they could see a problem, but if not, it is probably the user's computer.

3. Nuke the pwl files.

4. Have ISP reset the password.

5. Recreate connectoid.

6. Full uninstall and reinstall of connectoid, network, and DUN/RAS.

7. This can sometimes also be a communications problem caused by heavy line noise or modem problems. Try updating the modem drivers, inits, commas, etc...and have a line noise test performed.

Ripped info off MS's site ;)

Me, I would check for any firmware update to the cisco router. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Muckshifter.
I've done most of what you have suggested to no avail. I should add that the vpn is via a dedicated wireless wan.

Ask a Question