    for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
    Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
    can to . Thank you very much.

    Joseph, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Joseph wrote:
    > Hi, I have been trying to obtain the Windows XP
    > Professional Service Pack 1 CD on the internet, but I
    > can't find the right one. When I accidentally deleted my
    > Windows Components, some of the installations required
    > the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD. I was
    > wondering if you can give me a website so I can order it
    > off the internet, because I've been trying really hard
    > too find the right one. My computer system I need the CD
    > for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
    > Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
    > can to . Thank you very much.

    First - please MUNGE your email address when using newsgroups such as this.
    Your mailbox will start receiving more spam, although AOL may be able to
    handle this somewhat.

    Microsoft has kindly provided this (finally - IMHO):
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

    It contains all critical updates for several operating systems up until
    October 2003. This includes XP.

    Something else to consider - a lot of the times when an application asks for
    the Windows XP SP1 CD, it only wants your Windows XP CD..

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Shenan Stanley, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Greetings --

    Order the Windows XP Service Pack 1a CD
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/ordercd.asp

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Joseph wrote:
    > Hi, I have been trying to obtain the Windows XP
    > Professional Service Pack 1 CD on the internet, but I
    > can't find the right one. When I accidentally deleted my
    > Windows Components, some of the installations required
    > the Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD. I was
    > wondering if you can give me a website so I can order it
    > off the internet, because I've been trying really hard
    > too find the right one. My computer system I need the CD
    > for is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
    > Service Pack 1, and please send a reply as soon as you
    > can to . Thank you very much.

    Service Pack 1 is no longer available from Microsoft. Service Pack 1a has
    superceeded it as a result of Microsoft having to remove the Java bits from
    Windows. Service Pack 1a has the same bits as Service Pack 1, except for
    the Java Virtual Machine.

    Download SP1a here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default.asp

    If you are willing to wait a week or more for the CD, order it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/ordercd.asp

    If you want Java functionality after installing SP1a, you will have to
    install a Java Virtual Machine.

    Get Sun's Java Virtual Machine here:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

    --
    Donald L McDaniel
    Post all replies to the Newsgroup,

    Donald McDaniel, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Shenan Stanley, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Greetings --

    It's hard to say, but I suspect that it'll be compressed on the CD
    you mention, in order to make room for the Win2K SP4 and all the other
    updates. If so, the "installation" routine that's asking for the CD
    may not be able to find/access the file(s) it needs.

    It would certainly be a good idea for anyone to order this newer
    CD, anyway, though.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Feb 22, 2004

    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > It's hard to say, but I suspect that it'll be compressed on the CD
    > you mention, in order to make room for the Win2K SP4 and all the other
    > updates. If so, the "installation" routine that's asking for the CD
    > may not be able to find/access the file(s) it needs.
    >
    > It would certainly be a good idea for anyone to order this newer
    > CD, anyway, though.

    Good point. I should have considered the fact that everything would be in
    its compressed state.

    I think the suggestion to download (if they have broadband, or just a
    weekend they could leave their dial-up connected - hah) the SP1a from the
    Internet and extract the files into a folder somewhere is the quickest.
    Next would be (in my mind) to get the freebie CD mailed to them and do the
    same extraction to a directory.. And finally, if all the rest makes them
    uncomfortable, get the SP1a CD for money. (And go ahead and get the free CD
    as well!)

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Shenan Stanley, Feb 22, 2004