    items that I do want?
    --
    Michael

    Michael Nowatney, Apr 23, 2008

  2. Michael Nowatney

    Byte Guest

    You probably have checked "Pin to Start Menu" checked on these
    four items. Uncheck them and they should delete.
    --
    XP - WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    Byte, Apr 23, 2008

  3. Michael Nowatney

    nass Guest

    "Michael Nowatney" wrote:

    > I currently have four non-existent (deleted) items pinned to my Start menu in
    > Windows XP: a .txt file, two Word documents, and an Excel spreadsheet. Every
    > time I right click and select "Remove from This List", nothing happens. If I
    > click on them, I get "The item you have selected is unavailable ... do you
    > want to remove it?" and I select Yes and nothing happens. Frequently, when I
    > click on "Start", I get "Some items cannot be shown. There is not enough
    > room to show all the items you have added to the start menu..."
    >
    > How do I get rid of these four items, but continue to display the pinned
    > items that I do want?
    > --
    > Michael

    You can clear the history of the start menu list or Unpin them by right
    click and make sure the Pin to start menu is not active.
    HTH.
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Apr 23, 2008
  4. Thank you for your post. However, Every time I right click and select

    Michael Nowatney, Apr 24, 2008
  5. Thank you for your post. However, Every time I right click and select

    Michael Nowatney, Apr 24, 2008
  6. Michael Nowatney

    JF Guest

    *Bonjour Michael Nowatney* !

    > Every time I right click and select
    > "Remove from This List", nothing happens.

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage
    Suppress Favorites value
    Restart

    Precaution using regedit :
    - make a restore point
    - export the key before modifying
    - best of all : use Erunt www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt

    --

    Salutations, Jean-François.

    JF, Apr 24, 2008
  7. Yes! Yes! That's it! Brilliant!

    THANK YOU!
    --
    Michael

    Michael Nowatney, Apr 24, 2008
  8. Michael Nowatney

    JF Guest

    >>> Every time I right click and select
    >>> "Remove from This List", nothing happens.

    >> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage
    >> Suppress Favorites value
    >> Restart

    > Yes! Yes! That's it! Brilliant!
    > THANK YOU!

    You're welcome.
    Thanks for the feedback and have a nice day !

    --

    Salutations, Jean-François.

    JF, Apr 24, 2008
  9. Michael Nowatney

    nass Guest

    Hi Michael,
    I meant right click the start button and select properties >> Start Menu Tab
    >> then click Customize and then clear the history list.

    But Glad Jean did give you a registry Option and it helped.
    Good luck.

    nass, Apr 24, 2008
  10. Michael Nowatney

    lvsunz

    Joined:
    May 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Re the recommendation from Jean-François (below) could someone please tell me what exactly "Suppress Favorites Value" means? Should I delete the entry, change the Value, etc.? Thank you.

    lvsunz, May 10, 2009
  11. Michael Nowatney

    Nora.Brown

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think Pc directions in order to delete the unnecessary items from your start menu won't help... Insted, you should have a program or soemthing that will permanently remove those. Like History Killer Pro- http://www.historykillerpro.com/

    Nora.Brown, Apr 30, 2010