    Window Update downloaded both KB956572 and KB959426 OK, but installation
    failed in both cases, error 8007054F.

    Ideas, anyone?

    JeremyW, Apr 23, 2009

  2. JeremyW

    Terry R. Guest

    The date and time was Thu Apr 23 2009 03:26:03 GMT-0700 (Pacific
    Daylight Time), and on a whim, JeremyW pounded out on the keyboard:

    > My PC runs using Windows XP Pro, SP3.
    >
    > Window Update downloaded both KB956572 and KB959426 OK, but installation
    > failed in both cases, error 8007054F.
    >
    > Ideas, anyone?

    Hi Jeremy,

    Read through these and see if they help you resolve it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956572
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959426

    Download the complete file and try again.

    T-shooting issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

    Terry R.

    Terry R., Apr 23, 2009

  3. 0x8007054F - Error_Internal_Error

    See the "How to obtain help..." section of
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959426 or
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956572.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)