    that anti virus software. I have also searched on google and I've
    tried almost everything people have said to do. Is there anyway I can
    update my computer?

    nickfo, May 29, 2006

  2. Basically the error means - ERROR_SERVICE_REQUEST_TIMEOUT
    Sometimes this happens when the server is busy and you could retry later.

    If it continues and as NOD32 is not the case then check in the Event Viewer to
    see if there is any specific errors regarding services:-
    Start/Run/Eventvwr.msc

    Other postings -

    Posted by: Mila -
    <snip> In my case it was wups.dll in
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SoftwareDistribution\Setup\ServiceStartup\wups.dll\5.8.0.2469
    folder. After removing this file, windowsupdate works great.
    Mila <snip>

    Some additional information on this error from Torgeir, Microsoft MVP

    <snip>

    Hi,

    If the things in TaurArian's post didn't apply or work, it is most likely a COM+
    issue.

    First, verify that the "COM+ Event System" service is not disabled or not
    functioning:

    Press Start and Run, and then run this command:
    services.msc

    Locate the "COM+ Event System" entry, and double click on it. Startup type
    should be set to "Manual", and if the service is not already running, press the
    Start button to see if it starts successfully.

    If the steps above where ok, see if the steps in this previous post fixes the
    problem (applies to WinXP as well):

    From: DBQ <>
    Subject: Re: 0x8007041D W2K Server Try All
    Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:30:03 -0700
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

    <quote>
    We with a little help from MS It is fixed.

    Two issued needed repairing.

    1. COM+,
    This required cleaning up a damaged COM+ catalog details at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315296

    2. Replacement of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft
    \Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost for another working machine.

    </quote>

    <snip>

    --

    TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006

    TaurArian [MS-MVP], May 30, 2006

  3. nickfo

    nickfo Guest

    Hey, thanks for the help. I deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\SoftwareDistribution\Setup\ServiceStartup\wups.dll\5.8.0.2469
    and then ran Windows Update and now everything is working excellent.
    Thanks again!

    nickfo, Jun 3, 2006