Windows Service Pack 2 Error!

:-D

Reaction score
After installing Windows Service Pack 2, it failed to install and then many errors started to appear on the screen. There was no choice but to reboot it. When logging back in it came up with a message saying it was interrupted and it failed to install and that it was unstable and needed to be uninstalled in the Control Panel.​
Upon clicking the Control Panel, I get the following error:​

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Then when I click Debug, Send or Dont Send, I come up with an Internet Explorer error, it will now close. Which then closes my Control Panel so that I can uninstall it...

I am dissapointed as I should have researched it before I installed Service Pack 2, but I expected better of Microsoft.

Can anyone help me? I havent found any other errors.. yet...

:-D

Reaction score
Ok, I did as you said and then reinstalled it and uninstalled it, and some wierd things started happening. Upon restart, my computer started recognising loads of different hardware, eg. floppy drive, Radeon somthing, etc etc. And I'm not too sure what to make of this but I had a program that ran on startup, I think it was called ATI- Control Panel?? Well that doesnt startup anymore and my screen, icons in desktop, everything looks magnified. And I'm sure it has something to do with ATI, because when everything was loading it said that ATI couldnt recognise a driver and failed to load so it will now exit???

Ask a Question