<windows root>\system32\hal.dll. cannot start, corrupt or missing file

G

<windows root>\system32\hal.dll. cannot start, corrupt or missing file. so now what so I do? I tried to reload WinXP Pro but it didn't fix it, I tried to boot from an older time, no good, I tried to have WinXP fix the problem, won't do it. If you can help, I need a clue. Thanks!!

G

----- DumbWebDeveloper wrote: -----

<windows root>\system32\hal.dll. cannot start, corrupt or missing file. so now what so I do? I tried to reload WinXP Pro but it didn't fix it, I tried to boot from an older time, no good, I tried to have WinXP fix the problem, won't do it. If you can help, I need a clue. Thanks!!
Had pretty much the same problem I think. Most likely because I installed the latest updates which must have been meant for Win2000 not XP. I called support at the company I purchased from and they had me basically erase the drive and reinstall windows. However it still doesnt seem to be working correctly...shuts down occasionally on its own, slow to load, Norton won't run?

Ask a Question