    other two viewers in the rumpus?

    Thanks.

    DSH

    D. Spencer Hines, May 28, 2006

  2. D. Spencer Hines

    John Inzer Guest

    D. Spencer Hines wrote:
    > Corel Photo Album 6.3 And Adobe Photoshop Album 3 keep
    > seizing my .jpg files and opening them in preference to
    > Windows Picture And Fax Viewer, which I want to be the
    > default viewer.
    >
    > How do I make Windows Picture And Fax viewer the default
    > viewer and kick the other two viewers in the rumpus?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > DSH

    ================================
    Have a look at this article:

    (307859) HOW TO: Change File Associations
    in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

    More info:

    Try this...open an image folder and right click one
    of your image files...from the menu, select...Open
    With / Choose Program.

    Make your choice from the list or Browse to the
    correct program if it is not in the list.

    If you want the default...choose..."Windows
    Picture and Fax viewer"

    Once you make your selection...be sure to check
    the box that says: "Always use the selected program
    to open this kind of file". (you will need to do this
    for each format....jpg, .tif, .gif...etc.)

    Also...you can right click an image and choose
    Properties / Change Button...choose the program
    you wish to use and click...OK / Apply / OK.

    Also...in WinXP, you can go to...My Computer /
    Tools / Folder Options / File Types tab...

    And the following links may be useful:

    Repair image file type associations in Windows XP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgassofix.htm

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! MVP

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Making Good Newsgroup Posts
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    John Inzer, May 28, 2006

  3. Thank you kindly.

    > Also...in WinXP, you can go to...My Computer /
    > Tools / Folder Options / File Types tab...

    Problem Solved.

    DSH

    D. Spencer Hines, May 28, 2006
  4. D. Spencer Hines

    John Inzer Guest

    D. Spencer Hines wrote:
    > Thank you kindly.
    >
    >> Also...in WinXP, you can go to...My Computer /
    >> Tools / Folder Options / File Types tab...

    > Problem Solved.
    >
    > DSH

    You're welcome.

    Thanks for the update.