WINDOWS NOT SHUTING DOWN!!!

MY WINDOWS WONT SHUTDOWN AND WHATS THE DEAL WITH
MICROSOFT MAKING HELP PAID I HAVE NOT BEEN AWNSERED FOR
WEEKS SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE MY PC FREEZEZ AND STAYS ON
THE BLUE SCREEN SAYING "WINDOWS IS SHUTING DOWN"

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308029&Product=winxp#3

Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP James A. Eshelman]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"L" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| MY WINDOWS WONT SHUTDOWN AND WHATS THE DEAL WITH
| MICROSOFT MAKING HELP PAID I HAVE NOT BEEN AWNSERED FOR
| WEEKS SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE MY PC FREEZEZ AND STAYS ON
| THE BLUE SCREEN SAYING "WINDOWS IS SHUTING DOWN"

Dan B

I've had the same problem but i havent fixed it. I can
help you get around it. Instead of shutting down, first
click Start->Log Off->Switch User, then at the bottom, it
will say Turn off User (or whatever your user name is),
click that and it will shut down.