    audio voices (reading to my nephews) and want to edit them with music, then
    burn them to plain old CDs for the car. Is this possible? Would someone
    please help me? Thanks!

    frantzkim, Dec 15, 2008

  2. frantzkim

    John Inzer Guest

    frantzkim wrote:
    > I see other posts that are similar, but I'm not confident I can do
    > this - I love Windows Movie Maker and am very comfortable editing. I
    > have recorded audio voices (reading to my nephews) and want to edit
    > them with music, then burn them to plain old CDs for the car. Is
    > this possible? Would someone please help me? Thanks!

    ==============================
    Save your files in the .wma (audio) format.

    In timeline view...drag all the audio files to the
    Audio/Music track...then go to...
    File / Save Movie File...
    My Computer / Next...
    Enter a name and a save location / Next...
    Best quality for playback on my computer / Next...

    Wait for the file to save....the result will be a .wma
    audio file.

    Then burn a cd as per the instructions in the
    following articles:

    ===
    Windows Media Player 10
    for Windows XP
    Burn Your Own CDs
    http://tinyurl.com/55njt
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/burn_how_to.aspx
    ===
    Windows Media Player 11
    for WIndows XP
    Burn Your Own Customized CDs
    http://tinyurl.com/yye3ju
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/mp11/burn.aspx
    ===
    Windows Media Player 11
    for Windows Vista
    Burn Your Own Customized Audio CDs
    http://tinyurl.com/3yznpz
    or...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/mp11_wv/burn.aspx
    ===

    --

    John Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 15, 2008

  3. frantzkim

    jofish22 Guest

    This question and answer relate to an issue I've been very frustrated with. I
    have an Olympus digital voice recorder that records to .wma files. I want to
    record a couple of talks from the DVR to CD that are too long to fit on one
    70 minute disc, so am looking for a method to split the .wma files to 2
    smaller ones. Your suggestion here to use Windows Movie Maker appears to be
    specific to XP--doesn't work with Vista as far as I've been able to see. I
    think the Movie Maker software has changed. Is there a way to edit .wma
    files into 2 smaller ones on Vista Home Premium? I've spent hours trying to
    find a way and would greatly appreciate your help!

    jofish22, Dec 16, 2008
  4. frantzkim

    frantzkim Guest

    Thank you for your (quick) advice. That did seem to work, putting everything
    on one track. Do you know if it's possible to separate them so I could have
    8 different tracks? Also, can I additionally overlay music, or does all info
    need to be in the audio/music line?
    I appreciate your help!

    frantzkim, Dec 16, 2008
  5. frantzkim

    John Inzer Guest

    frantzkim wrote:
    > Thank you for your (quick) advice. That did seem to work, putting
    > everything on one track. Do you know if it's possible to separate
    > them so I could have 8 different tracks?

    ===================================
    You could split the file (Ctrl+L) and have
    segments but not 8 simultaneous tracks.
    ===================================
    > Also, can I additionally
    > overlay music, or does all info need to be in the audio/music line?
    > I appreciate your help!

    ===================================
    As far as I know...all the audio must be on the
    Audio/Music track in order to create a .wma
    sound file.

    Maybe a program like the following would be
    worth a try:

    Audacity
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Audacity Features
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features

    Audacity Tutorials
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorials.html

    How do I save my recording on an audio CD?
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=files&i=burn-cd

    --

    John Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Dec 16, 2008
  6. frantzkim

    jofish22 Guest

    Audacity doesn't support .wma files. Since this is a windows media Audio
    issue, I hope to find help somewhere on the Windows website in breaking down
    wma files for burning to CD without purchasing an expensive audio editing
    suite. Thanks anyway.

    jofish22, Dec 16, 2008