Windows Mail - Can send, but not receive mail

Rick

Problem started today. When I open Windows Mail and click on Send and
Receive the information window just flashes quickly and no mail is received.
I've checked all settings in account.

Gary VanderMolen

That mail account may be corrupted. Delete the account, restart
Windows Live Mail, then recreate the account.

If no improvement, which antivirus are you running? Make sure
your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rick" wrote in message
Problem started today. When I open Windows Mail and click on Send and
Receive the information window just flashes quickly and no mail is received.
I've checked all settings in account.

David

I have the same problem. You just have to go to Tools:Accounts:(select your account):properties:Servers, and check the "my server needs authentication" check box, then hit the "Apply" button on the bottom left of the dialogue window
It's damn irritating as it happens everytime I reboot. I wonder if this is a bug or whether there's a way to permanently keep the setting.

jaohare

I havae a similar problem ....Message number 304 could not be retrieved.
Account: 'POP.gmail.com', Server: 'POP.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] Unable to retrieve
rfc822msgid:<[email protected]>', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Message number 348 could not be retrieved. Account: 'POP.gmail.com', Server:
'POP.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [SYS/TEMP] Unable to
retrieve rfc822msgid:<[email protected]>', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

I have tried removing the "cookies", redoing the cache, removing and adding
agin.. Help.
Judith

Gary VanderMolen

That symptom indicates a corrupted or 'stuck' email on the server.
The second error message implies that 347 messages were downloaded
successfully. Log in at http://gmail.com, then either delete or move the
347 messages you've already downloaded plus one more. You can put
them temporarily in a new folder. Then try Windows Mail again.