    downloads has the program for every other OS, but says XP
    has it built in so you can not do it again. Any help
    would be great. Thanks, Wes :)

    Wes, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
    Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

    [Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Dec 29, 2003

  3. Wes

    Gary Tsang Guest

    Hi,

    Some of your Windows Installer files that are on your hard disk are damaged
    or are missing.

    To fix this problem visit the Microsoft Knowledge Base Website below:

    Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
    Message When You Try to Add or Remove a Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315346

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    Gary Tsang, Dec 29, 2003
  4. I've had problems with Windows Installer also. Once when an Office XP
    installation failed, it corrupted the installer so that I could not
    attempt to install Office again.

    Please reply to news group., Jan 2, 2004