    Thankyou Kim

    Using XP pro
    IE6

    Pompey©, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Check out http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

    Nathan McNulty

    Nathan McNulty, Jun 29, 2004
  3. Pompey©

    Malke Guest

    Pompey© wrote:

    > Hiya
    > Is there a way in windows XP of telling uptime on the pc and also
    > previous
    > days uptime etc? Also internet history other than with the history
    > icon on the IE toolbar,
    > Basically I want to check on use of my pc without restriction.
    >
    > Thankyou Kim
    >
    > Using XP pro
    > IE6

    To find uptime in XP Pro:

    1. Open your command prompt by going to Start > Run and typing "cmd"
    without the quotes.
    2. Type at the prompt, again without quotes, "net statistics
    workstation" and hit enter.
    3. The first information you see will tell you how long the computer
    has been on.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Pompey©

    Alex Nichol Guest

    Pompey© wrote:

    > Is there a way in windows XP of telling uptime on the pc and also previous
    >days uptime etc? Also internet history other than with the history icon on
    >the IE toolbar,

    You can see current uptime conveniently if you get the free Everest Home
    edition from
    http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1
    which is an excellent general System Info tool, and its Operating System
    - Operating System page has it under the Current Session head. There
    are no records kept of earlier sessions, unless you are willing to
    explore the Event Viewer logs and see if you can make deductions.

    History you can (if an Administrator) find for any user by exploring
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History

    Bournemouth, U.K. 8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)

    Alex Nichol, Jun 30, 2004