Windows 7 Windows firewall won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Check the service to see if it is disabled. Hit the Windows Button + R, then in the Run box, type services.msc and press enter. Look for the Windows Firewall service to see that it is started and on Automatic. If it is not set up like this, double click on the service to bring up its properties. If it was disabled, change the Startup type drop down to Automatic, and then hit Apply. Next click the start button, and then OK. Now if you go to Control Panel | Windows Firewall, you should be able to enable it.

Reaction score
Check the service to see if it is disabled. Hit the Windows Button + R, then in the Run box, type services.msc and press enter. Look for the Windows Firewall service to see that it is started and on Automatic. If it is not set up like this, double click on the service to bring up its properties. If it was disabled, change the Startup type drop down to Automatic, and then hit Apply. Next click the start button, and then OK. Now if you go to Control Panel | Windows Firewall, you should be able to enable it.
Serices are disabled won't reset .error 87 see event log...which shows disabled too.Efforts to reset say Windows Firewall could not start

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
if it is the same machine you are having problems with in THIS thread, well I strongly suggest that you reformat and reinstall the OS.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
if it is the same machine you are having problems with in THIS thread, well I strongly suggest that you reformat and reinstall the OS.
I just read that other thread, gave me quite a laugh I tell ya. :lol:

Reaction score
Do you have Norton internet security installed or other such internet security software? They normally disable windows firewall when you install them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question