    I attempted to manually start explorer by starting task
    manager and running C:\windows\explorer without any
    success. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    RuBigdog, Dec 28, 2003

  2. RuBigdog

    Jim Guest

    file checker tool. Click start, run, and type in this
    here; "sfc /scannow" with that space after the sfc. It
    will ask for your XP CD to copy any needed files from, and
    it runs as "windows file protection".

    Jim, Dec 28, 2003

  3. RuBigdog

    Matt Coy Guest

    Just a note Jim,

    He can't go to Start and do that because the Explorer shell won't open.

    Matt Coy, MCSE
    Microsoft Aficionado
    Associate Expert

    Matt Coy, Dec 28, 2003
  4. RuBigdog

    Matt Coy Guest

    RuBigdog,

    Try downloading and running this vbs script from Kelly's site and then
    restart and see if your problem is fixed. You'll probably need to open IE
    from task manager (iexplore).

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs

    Matt Coy, MCSE
    Microsoft Aficionado
    Associate Expert

    Matt Coy, Dec 28, 2003
  5. RuBigdog

    Guest Guest

    Since I do not have a Start menu, I was able to execute
    the program from a DOS prompt by using Task Manager.
    However, it did not resolve my problem. Does anyone have
    any other suggestion beyond reinstallation?

    Guest, Dec 30, 2003
  6. RuBigdog

    sampie

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    You are all idiots...all you do is press alt+ctrl+delete. Press file then new task. In the field enter Explorer.exe and press enter...problem solved!!!

    sampie, Oct 19, 2011
  7. RuBigdog

    sampie

    Joined: