    it says that i am on a temporary profile and I have to restart to use it. I
    have restarted 5 times now and I am getting close to going Wal-mart to get a
    $40 data transfer cable. Any help would be nice.

    Viviandjw, Feb 16, 2010

  2. Viviandjw

    Twayne Guest

    In news:,
    Viviandjw <> typed:
    > I have a laptop with windows XP on it. I bought a tower that has
    > Windows 7. I downloaded windows easy transfer to my laptop. Everytime
    > I try to run it, it says that i am on a temporary profile and I have
    > to restart to use it. I have restarted 5 times now and I am getting
    > close to going Wal-mart to get a $40 data transfer cable. Any help
    > would be nice.

    $40?!?! Jeex, that's a lot of money. If you need the cable give places like
    Cyberguys.com or belkin.com a look-see. Or your favorite place for such
    items. I was billed $0.00 for mine and it came with the win 7 disks.

    Sorry I can't help with the other.

    Twayne

    Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
    through personal experience does not become a
    part of the moral tissue.

    Twayne, Feb 16, 2010

  3. Viviandjw

    glee Guest

    Look here:

    Windows Easy Transfer says I am logged into a temporary profile
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/c7ce17c4-0464-4d95-868c-7d0a5fa8e3a5

    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
    A+

    glee, Feb 17, 2010