Windows 7 Windows 'E' or not Windows 'E' ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Looks like my first hunch has been right all along ... :p

We will NOT be getting a broken Windows 7 :wave:

Microsoft said late Friday that it won't ship the Windows 7 "E" version of Windows even though Europe has yet to sign off on its revised plan. The plan calls for the company to ship Windows 7 with Internet Explorer, but present a ballot screen in which users in Europe can decide whether they want Internet Explorer or another browser.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10301299-56.html

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They "M$" only said they would not give any browser at all just to get some free publicity from the statement.

nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think all concerned parties are acting like big spoiled kids meself.

But mostly the EEC, the pillocks.

Did any of those faceless euorcrats ever think to approach Microsoft?

An imagined conversation:

Johann Van Knickerbocker: Hello, is that Microsoft? We want to speak to you about the browser you enclose with Windows, we think it's occupying a Monopoly and are considering banning sales of Windows in Europe unless IE8 is removed from the package.

Hiram B Weinebeiger III Jnr: Geewhiz Johann sorry to hear that, what about all those people who like Windows? Could we arrange a meet to discuss a solution?

JVK: Jah, jah, dat iss acepptibble. Do you have anything in mind?

HBW: Uh yeah, we figure we don't make IE8 integral and bundle several browsers on the Windows disk. Then during installation, good buddy, you get to choose which one or ones you want to use with Windows.

How does that sound?

JVK: Uh, seems ok, sounds reasonable... (much muttering and whispering heard to one side). Jah, ok, iss good, mein colleagues and I will agree to that.

HBW: Way to go.

JVK: Jah, iss good.

Why can't it really happen like that? :confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Come on Flop's how on earth would they justiffy a mega expenses claim for that scenario. :p

Ask a Question