    Definition Version: 1.33.9651.0
    Every scan crashes with unexpected 'error 0x8050800c'.
    Any ideas?

    mon, May 20, 2008

  2. mon

    Engel Guest

    Hello mon,

    Maybe you could try doing CHKDSK and see if it corrects the problem.
    -- - - -

    Few questions

    Do you have Windows Live OneCare installed?

    What do you see in the system event logs around the time of the crash???
    Can you check the event log (start | run | eventvwr) and look at the
    System log for any error messages from "Windefend" ? There should be an error
    entry with some more information.

    What action brings up that message?
    Manually or Automatic Scan.
    Quick or Full scan

    So does the same thing happen when you reboot into Safe Mode and run a scan?

    I'm sure more knowledgeable people will be along sººn
    - -- ---

    Engel, May 20, 2008

  3. mon

    mon Guest

    Will try the CHKDSK and let u know.

    Auto and manual quick scans crash.

    Will try it safe mode.

    Rgds
    Mon

    mon, May 21, 2008
  4. mon

    mon Guest

    Thanks for all your advice, but I am no longer able to reproduce this error.
    Will post again if it resurfaces.

    Chkdsk was good.
    No onecare installed.
    Didn't try safemode as i could no longer reproduce the error.

    Rgds,

    Mon

    mon, May 22, 2008
  5. i ran CHDSK but (F parameter not specified
    Running CHKDSK in read only mode)

    Richiepoobubblesbonbonpercyfilth, Jul 28, 2008
  6. and did it find any errors? If it did, you will need to run it again with
    /F. In all likelyhood, you will need to let it schedule itself to run on
    next startup.

    You should then immediately restart the system and run the chkdsk--allow
    some time for this. If you forget to do it now, it will happen
    unexpectedly....

    "Richiepoobubblesbonbonpercyfilth"
    <> wrote in
    message news:...