    the icon always shows in the taskbar tray?
    I'm using Vista 64.
    Thanks

    Guest, Nov 13, 2007

    I would be more inclined to blame Vista than Windows Defender. I have
    encountered problems with system notification area icons disappearing in
    Windows XP (no Microsoft fix available) and why should Vista be any
    different. This may seem like a silly question, but have you tried changing
    the WD icon to "always show"?

    Guest, Nov 13, 2007