windows defender encountered error 0x8050800c

Discussion in 'Spyware Announcements' started by Adrian Bányácski, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. hi,
    please could anybody help me with this problem ? I was simply install a
    MICROSOFT DEFENDER at our SBS 2003 SERVER and when i run a test after a few
    seconds defender reporting a window with this error: windows defender
    encountered error 0x8050800c. I was try to find any acceptable solution in
    this news group but not help me.
    Thanks so Much,
    Adrian Banyacski

    Windows Defender scan has encountered an error and terminated.

    Scan ID: {4943E73E-E0F5-4B64-A7BB-AEDA661285F0}

    Scan Type: AntiSpyware

    Scan Parameters: Quick Scan

    User: TNET\Banyacski

    Error Code: 0x8050800c

    Error description: An unexpected problem occurred. Install any available
    updates, and then try to start the program again. (To check for updates,
    click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.)

    Dal¹í informace získáte v Centru pro nápovìdu a pomoc na

    Adrian Bányácski, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Adrian Bányácski

    Guest Guest

    Hello Adrian,

    Is the partition type for the drive that contains the C: volume
    "basic" or "dynamic"?

    Еиçеl

    Guest, Mar 17, 2006

  3. basic

    Adrian Bányácski, Mar 20, 2006
  4. Run a chkdsk /f on the boot partition.

    This may help, or it may not. If it does not I don't have a further
    workaround.

    Bill Sanderson, Mar 20, 2006
  5. thanks a lot the problem was solved

    "Bill Sanderson" <> pí¹e v diskusním