    folders it goes and scans all of C drive anyway.

    Also I think there is a glitch with full scan. It got stuck twice on me
    now, and it affects the floppy drive."

    Guest, Feb 17, 2006

    See my post dated 16 Feb, headed custom scan comments on the Announcements
    board
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...751-aad9-4973-9a77-d2f7b33c7ff0&lang=en&cr=US

    Guest, Feb 17, 2006

  3. I've seen the glitch you mention with the floppy drive myself. A possible
    fix has been posted here by Steve Dodson, but I haven't had a chance to try
    it myself. I'll post it here anyway:
    --------

    Can you try this?

    1) Uninstall WD thru Add and Remove Programs

    2) Launch cmd prompt

    3) MsiExec.exe /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}

    4) Delete all contents of Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All
    Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates

    5) Reinstall WD

    Let me know if that works for you.
    --
    -steve