    run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    ?
    If so Thanks in advance.

    Mikee, Sep 10, 2009

  2. Mikee

    Elmo Guest

    Mikee wrote:
    > I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
    > antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    > My OS is XP
    > My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    > network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
    > run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    > ?
    > If so Thanks in advance.

    Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
    (using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
    BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
    you think that's the problem:

    http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

    Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
    available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no problem.

    Then run these:

    Malwarebytes© Corporation

    SuperAntispyware
    http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

    --
    Joe =o)

    Elmo, Sep 10, 2009

  3. Mikee

    duke Guest

    If your internet is still working, you can try using a free virus scan
    from Trend Micro called "House Call"

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Good Luck

    Duke

    duke, Sep 10, 2009
  4. On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:26:01 -0700, Mikee
    <> wrote:

    > I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
    > antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    > My OS is XP
    > My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    > network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
    > run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    > ?
    > If so Thanks in advance.

    You are infected with a piece of malware called "Windows antivirus
    Pro." You can find instructions to get rid of it here,
    www.2-spyware.com/remove-windows-antivirus-pro.html or at other sites
    Google will find for you.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Sep 10, 2009
  5. Mikee

    jinxy Guest

    On Sep 9, 9:56 pm, "Ken Blake, MVP" <>
    wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:26:01 -0700, Mikee
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
    > > antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    > > My OS is XP
    > > My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    > > network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
    > > run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    > > ?
    > > If so Thanks in advance.

    > You are infected with a piece of malware called "Windows antivirus
    > Pro." You can find instructions to get rid of it here,www.2-spyware.com/remove-windows-antivirus-pro.htmlor at other sites
    > Google will find for you.
    >
    > --
    > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Try : http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php works great. There
    is a list of pests it deals with on the page.-J

    jinxy, Sep 10, 2009
  6. NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had

    3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
    in an appropriate forum, not here.

    Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
    • http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075

    • http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    • http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
    • http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
    • http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

    **Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
    http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Sep 10, 2009
  7. On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:44:05 -0700, "The Real Truth MVP" <>
    wrote:

    >Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
    >Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
    >http://www.ms-mvp.org/

    This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

    The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

    --
    Remove del for email

    Barry Schwarz, Sep 12, 2009
  8. Mikee

    Guest

    On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
    > I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
    > antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    > My OS is XP
    > My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    > network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
    > run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    > ?
    > If so Thanks in advance.

    It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual methods if you are a novice as it can be risky.
    Read more:http://www.spywarescansoftware.com/...for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

    , Aug 3, 2012
  9. From: <>

    > On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
    >> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
    >> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    >> My OS is XP
    >> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    >> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
    >> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    >> ?
    >> If so Thanks in advance.

    > It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual methods if you are a
    > novice as it can be risky. Read more:hXXp://www.spywarescansoftware.com/uninstall-windows-antivirus-machine-complete-guidelines-for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

    Google idiot...

    These FakeAlerts are trojans, not viruses.

    This post is nothing more than spam for a product is unknown and whose website has been up
    for only 3 months (May 3, 2012) for an article by "James Scott" written Today and I
    wouln't be surprised if the true persona behind the 'nym "James Scott" is behind the
    poster .

    BSNL India - says it all 'cause

    ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
    individual
    piyush jain
    K-802,AWHO Appartment,Sector-49,
    Near South City II,Sohna Road
    gurgaon
    Haryana
    122018
    IN
    Phone: +91.9507036101
    Email Address:

    --
    Dave
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    David H. Lipman, Aug 3, 2012
  10. Mikee

    Chris S. Guest

    > From: <>
    >
    >> On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
    >>> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install
    >>> Windows
    >>> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    >>> My OS is XP
    >>> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    >>> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable
    >>> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than
    >>> reformat
    >>> ?
    >>> If so Thanks in advance.

    >> It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual
    >> methods if you are a
    >> novice as it can be risky. Read
    >> more:hXXp://www.spywarescansoftware.com/uninstall-windows-antivirus-machine-complete-guidelines-for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

    > Google idiot...
    >
    > These FakeAlerts are trojans, not viruses.
    >
    > This post is nothing more than spam for a product is unknown and whose
    > website has been up for only 3 months (May 3, 2012) for an article by
    > "James Scott" written Today and I wouln't be surprised if the true persona
    > behind the 'nym "James Scott" is behind the poster .

    > BSNL India - says it all 'cause
    >
    > ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
    > individual
    > piyush jain
    > K-802,AWHO Appartment,Sector-49,
    > Near South City II,Sohna Road
    > gurgaon
    > Haryana
    > 122018
    > IN
    > Phone: +91.9507036101
    > Email Address:
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    Good catch......

    Chris

    Chris S., Aug 3, 2012
  11. Mikee

    Hot-Text Guest

    "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message news:...
    > From: <>
    >
    >> On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
    >>> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install Windows
    >>> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    >>> My OS is XP
    >>> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit", or
    >>> network properties to network with another computer via cross over cable to
    >>> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than reformat
    >>> ?
    >>> If so Thanks in advance.

    He at posting.google.com and posted a reply to a old Posts,
    so why you reply for Mr. Lipman............

    >> It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual methods if you are a
    >> novice as it can be risky. Read
    >> more:hXXp://www.spywarescansoftware.com/uninstall-windows-antivirus-machine-complete-guidelines-for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

    > Google idiot...
    >
    > These FakeAlerts are trojans, not viruses.

    David who care,
    if it a trojans or a viruses,
    But we do know it was infected With a Big ??? one,

    Trojan:Win64/Bledoor.A
    that changes your computer's settings
    so it may run any DLL file, even potentially malicious ones.
    It also connects to certain servers to receive commands from a remote
    attacker. Published Date: Jul 15, 2012
    Alert level: Severe

    Trojans is just Packaged on a time line,
    that can and is able to get a virus for a computer..
    For it do not have to be a virus to get you a virus..

    > This post is nothing more than spam for a product is unknown and whose website has been up for only 3 months (May 3, 2012) for an
    > article by "James Scott" written Today and I wouln't be surprised if the true persona behind the 'nym "James Scott" is behind the
    > poster .

    So stop Reply to it David Lipman......

    Hot-Text, Aug 3, 2012
  12. Mikee

    Hot-Text Guest

    Hot-Text, Aug 3, 2012
  13. Mikee

    glee Guest

    > From: <>
    >
    >> On Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:56:01 AM UTC+5:30, Mikee wrote:
    >>> I have a message on my desktop that says computer infected. Install
    >>> Windows
    >>> antivirus Pro "for a price of coarse
    >>> My OS is XP
    >>> My internet is hijacked , can't access task manager, cmd "regedit",
    >>> or
    >>> network properties to network with another computer via cross over
    >>> cable to
    >>> run avg from another computer.Anyone have any suggestions other than
    >>> reformat
    >>> ?
    >>> If so Thanks in advance.

    >> It seems that your PC is infected by rogue virus. Do not try manual
    >> methods if you are a
    >> novice as it can be risky. Read
    >> more:hXXp://www.spywarescansoftware.com/uninstall-windows-antivirus-machine-complete-guidelines-for-windows-antivirus-machine-removal-from-pc

    > Google idiot...
    >
    > These FakeAlerts are trojans, not viruses.
    >
    > This post is nothing more than spam for a product is unknown and whose
    > website has been up for only 3 months (May 3, 2012) for an article by
    > "James Scott" written Today and I wouln't be surprised if the true
    > persona behind the 'nym "James Scott" is behind the poster
    > .

    > BSNL India - says it all 'cause
    >
    > ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
    > individual
    > piyush jain
    > K-802,AWHO Appartment,Sector-49,
    > Near South City II,Sohna Road
    > gurgaon
    > Haryana
    > 122018
    > IN
    > Phone: +91.9507036101
    > Email Address:

    Yeah, it was obviously spam.... but good to have the research to back up
    the assertion. :)
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Aug 5, 2012
  14. Mikee

    glee Guest

    "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message
    > snip
    > David who care,
    > if it a trojans or a viruses,
    > But we do know it was infected With a Big ??? one,
    >
    > Trojan:Win64/Bledoor.A
    > that changes your computer's settings
    > so it may run any DLL file, even potentially malicious ones.
    > It also connects to certain servers to receive commands from a remote
    > attacker. Published Date: Jul 15, 2012
    > Alert level: Severe
    >
    > Trojans is just Packaged on a time line,
    > that can and is able to get a virus for a computer..
    > For it do not have to be a virus to get you a virus..
    > snip

    No.... there is no "virus" involved at all. Learn the difference
    between a virus, a trojan, a worm, a root kit.... nomenclature is
    important. Imagine if your doctor didn't know the difference between a
    virus and a bacteria...
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Aug 9, 2012
  15. Mikee

    Hot-Text Guest

    "glee" <> wrote in message news:k008ib$ane$...
    > "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message
    >> snip
    >> David who care,
    >> if it a trojans or a viruses,
    >> But we do know it was infected With a Big ??? one,
    >>
    >> Trojan:Win64/Bledoor.A
    >> that changes your computer's settings
    >> so it may run any DLL file, even potentially malicious ones.
    >> It also connects to certain servers to receive commands from a remote
    >> attacker. Published Date: Jul 15, 2012
    >> Alert level: Severe
    >>
    >> Trojans is just Packaged on a time line,
    >> that can and is able to get a virus for a computer..
    >> For it do not have to be a virus to get you a virus..
    >> snip

    > No.... there is no "virus" involved at all. Learn the difference
    > between a virus, a trojan, a worm, a root kit.... nomenclature is
    > important. Imagine if your doctor didn't know the difference between a
    > virus and a bacteria...

    Glen Ventura
    Imagine if your Computer technician didn't know the difference,
    between a virus, a Trojan, a worm, or a root kit..

    A computer repair technician is a person
    who repairs and maintains computers and servers.

    A doctor is a person,
    who work not on a computers,
    but on a person.

    Trojan is just a box......

    Hot-Text, Aug 9, 2012
  16. Mikee

    glee Guest

    "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <> wrote in message
    > In message <k008ib$ane$>, glee
    > <> writes:
    > []
    >>No.... there is no "virus" involved at all. Learn the difference
    >>between a virus, a trojan, a worm, a root kit.... nomenclature is
    >>important. Imagine if your doctor didn't know the difference between
    >>a virus and a bacteria...

    > I'd hope my doctor would know that if it was "a", it's bacterium (-:

    grammar nazi! :)
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Aug 9, 2012
  17. Mikee

    glee Guest

    "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message
    > "glee" <> wrote in message
    >> "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message
    >>> snip
    >>> David who care,
    >>> if it a trojans or a viruses,
    >>> But we do know it was infected With a Big ??? one,
    >>>
    >>> Trojan:Win64/Bledoor.A
    >>> that changes your computer's settings
    >>> so it may run any DLL file, even potentially malicious ones.
    >>> It also connects to certain servers to receive commands from a
    >>> remote
    >>> attacker. Published Date: Jul 15, 2012
    >>> Alert level: Severe
    >>>
    >>> Trojans is just Packaged on a time line,
    >>> that can and is able to get a virus for a computer..
    >>> For it do not have to be a virus to get you a virus..
    >>> snip

    >> No.... there is no "virus" involved at all. Learn the difference
    >> between a virus, a trojan, a worm, a root kit.... nomenclature is
    >> important. Imagine if your doctor didn't know the difference between
    >> a virus and a bacteria...

    > Glen Ventura Imagine if your Computer technician didn't know the
    > difference,
    > between a virus, a Trojan, a worm, or a root kit..
    > A computer repair technician is a person who repairs and maintains
    > computers and servers.
    >
    > A doctor is a person, who work not on a computers,
    > but on a person.
    >
    > Trojan is just a box......

    Clueless....

    glee, Aug 9, 2012
  18. Mikee

    > In message <k01ehb$tv3$>, glee
    > <> writes:
    >>"J. P. Gilliver (John)" <> wrote in message
    >>> In message <k008ib$ane$>, glee
    >>> <> writes:
    >>> []
    >>>
    >>> I'd hope my doctor would know that if it was "a", it's bacterium (-:

    >>grammar nazi! :)

    > Not really; you think it's important to know the difference between a
    > virus, trojan, worm, rootkit (and so on), as do I - but I _would_ have
    > somewhat less regard for a doctor who said "a bacteria". OK, it's not
    > as important as knowing the difference between one and a virus, but
    > it's the sort of attention to detail that, if missed, would make me
    > wonder what else the doctor might miss.

    You must be seriously bored today. I have heard a number of quite good
    doctors say "a bacteria"... it is acceptable, because they are referring
    to a group or family of bacteria. Biologists may talk about a single
    bacterium, but they don't just occur singly in an infection where a
    doctor deals with them. A doctor may refer to the group, such as staph
    or strep or MRSA, as a bacteria.

    Your quibbling over the inclusion of the "a" is what is called being a
    grammar nazi. :)
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Aug 10, 2012
  19. Mikee

    glee Guest

    "Bill in Co" <> wrote in message
    > glee wrote:
    >> "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <> wrote in message

    >>> Not really; you think it's important to know the difference between
    >>> virus, trojan, worm, rootkit (and so on), as do I - but I _would_
    >>> have
    >>> somewhat less regard for a doctor who said "a bacteria". OK, it's
    >>> not
    >>> as important as knowing the difference between one and a virus, but
    >>> it's the sort of attention to detail that, if missed, would make me
    >>> wonder what else the doctor might miss.

    >> You must be seriously bored today. I have heard a number of quite
    >> good
    >> doctors say "a bacteria"... it is acceptable, because they are
    >> referring
    >> to a group or family of bacteria. Biologists may talk about a single
    >> bacterium, but they don't just occur singly in an infection where a
    >> doctor deals with them. A doctor may refer to the group, such as
    >> staph
    >> or strep or MRSA, as a bacteria.
    >>
    >> Your quibbling over the inclusion of the "a" is what is called being
    >> grammar nazi. :)

    > :-( I'm really cringing at reading that, even though I wasn't in
    > WWII.
    > I think it would be good if we'd all refrained from using that term so
    > flippantly, as occasionally seems to be in vogue these days, as there
    > really was no humor in it for those who have suffered its legacy, many
    > of whom are still around.

    Apparently you aren't familiar with the humorous allusion the Seinfeld's
    'soup nazi'. The term nazi applies to far more than just WWII.
    --
    Glen Ventura
    MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009

    glee, Aug 11, 2012
  20. Mikee

    glee Guest

    "Bill in Co" <> wrote in message
    > glee wrote:
    >> "Bill in Co" <> wrote in message

    >>> :-( I'm really cringing at reading that, even though I wasn't in
    >>> WWII.
    >>> I think it would be good if we'd all refrained from using that term
    >>> so
    >>> flippantly, as occasionally seems to be in vogue these days, as
    >>> there
    >>> really was no humor in it for those who have suffered its legacy,
    >>> many
    >>> of whom are still around.

    >> Apparently you aren't familiar with the humorous allusion the
    >> Seinfeld's
    >> 'soup nazi'. The term nazi applies to far more than just WWII.

    > No I'm not. But regardless of Seinfield, I stand by what I said.
    >
    > If Seinfield (who produced the TV series) is too young to "get it"
    > (and I guess he is, since he was born in 1954), I can't help that. We
    > all know, or rather SHOULD know, what that term connotates. And
    > platitudes don't cut it. There is nothing comedic about it.

    Your opinion. "Nazi" is not a bad term.

    glee, Aug 11, 2012