Windows 8 Windows 8 screensaver pictures change to black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am having an issue with the screensaver pictures changing to black and white in Windows 8. I have tried both the Photo Gallery and Photo options and they both switch to black and white after a while. I don't see any settings options that deal with that. I have read the threads of the same issues in Windows Vista and Windows 7, but has anyone resolved this in Windows 8? Thanks.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Don't know if you've tried this one. It works in Windows 7 so keep fingers crossed.

Open Personalize /Screensaver (via Control Panel).

Select the Windows Live Photo Gallery screensaver.

Click the Settings button.

In the Use This Theme drop down menu, one of the options isBlack and White.

If the Random option is set there, it will automatically switch to different themes and occasionally switch to theBlack and White theme. Try setting it to Classic.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
nivrip...thank you. I see what you are talking about. I was using the Photo screensaver option instead of Photo Gallery and Photo does not allow those theme changes. I have made that change and will wait to see if it works. That is why I could not find anything that said Black and White, before. Thanks again...I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know if it works!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question