Windows 8 Windows 8 Leaked ??

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I'm starting to see lots of blogs, social media etc all saying W8 has been leaked, even quite a few torrent sites linking to this leaked W8 ISO..

Question is though how much truth is there actually in these so called leaks. I mean I can remeber right ack to XP and ever since peoplesay that each new OS has been leaked. Just wonder how much truth is in it all

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just the Beta that was officially released by MS some months ago.

Or more likely it's been let slip by Microsoft hoping somebody, somewhere, will like it and keep it :lol:

What's that expression 'You couldn't even give it away' ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
beware Greeks bearing gifts, in this case, Chinese. :)

“Windows Reimagined … almost.”

I won't be rushing to the "shops" any time soon. :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Windows 8 may have arrived early, though not necessarily legally.

Sites that follow beta versions of Windows, such as winbeta.org, as well as more mainstream sites are claiming that the final version of Windows 8 Enterprise has already leaked onto file-sharing sites.

"It looks like our first leak has occurred, as Windows 8 Enterprise N has appeared on torrenting sites and has been confirmed by several that it's the real deal," said winbeta.org in a post earlier today.

That site is also quick to offer a disclaimer about whether the final versions are real or fake. "Remember, we are yet to confirm this as real or fake," said winbeta.org.

On Monday, Microsoft published the schedule for the general release of Windows 8 (below). The first downloads won't be available until August 15, when developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via MSDN subscriptions.

Here's the schedule for general release as posted yesterday by Microsoft.

August 15: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via their MSDN subscription.
August 15: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through their TechNet subscription.
August 16: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing them to test, pilot, and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within their organization.
August 16: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
August 20: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
September 1: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.

Microsoft, as a rule, encourages customers to download Microsoft software from its own Web properties because there's no way for Microsoft to be sure of what's included in the bits downloaded from other sites.

And Microsoft also generally encourages users to take steps to keep Windows secure.

Microsoft declined to comment.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57485894-75/windows-8-final-version-allegedly-leaks-out-already/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Even though i still haven't actually tried Win 8, after watching that i really have no desire too..... :wave:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
wow, looks like Win 8 has caught up with my smartie phone, only that person was using a mouse. :lol:

Reaction score
just got used to win7 & still use xp on laptop.
not that bothered about another ms o/s appearing.
may wait till a beta/trial version is on pc mags cover disc or when service pack 1 comes out!

Ask a Question