Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Update 1

Reaction score
In future bootneck02, before you splash out big money ask for help here.

You didn't have to buy Win 8.1, you could have re-installed Win 7 with some guidance from members here and Win 8 can be had for around £75 and then updated via downloads to Win 8.1.

Having said that, enjoy your new Operating System, I'm sure once you become familiar with it you'll like it :)

If you're not entirely happy with it try installing free software 'Classic Shell'.

I did try to down load W7 again and would not register and had to ring MS help desk they told me that it had been downloaded two many times for automatic registration and once 3 days previously directly by phone and my registration code had been deleted and now they would not register it again:cry:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I did try to down load W7 again and would not register and had to ring MS help desk they told me that it had been downloaded two many times for automatic registration and once 3 days previously directly by phone and my registration code had been deleted and now they would not register it again:cry:

Download? You didn't have a hard copy (on a disk). Is this a laptop?

Don't you just love Microsoft?

It is not illegal to have a copied disk of Win 7, all you pay for is the activation number. One of us could have furbished you with a disk which you could have activated by phone using your own activation code (the one you paid for). Perfectly legal.

I said we could have helped, and it's highly likely we could have.

Reaction score
:thumb:Thanks for the advice Flops If I get into trouble again I will certainly ask advice from the people on the site. However I have been able to obtain FOC a genuine OEM of W7 Home premium 64 bit and promise I will not break this one. Trouble is I like to try new operating systems as they come out and put one on the PC then not like it and put back on the original one so many times. I am only a dabbler in all things PC and an amateur and really do not understand IT but love to dabble and therefore get into trouble.:eek::cry:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Trouble is I like to try new operating systems

Go out and buy another hard drive that you can swap out when it comes to trying new operating systems. You will save yourself the bother of not having to reinstall. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Bit late I know, I missed this the first time.....

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

Install that, use your key. :)

Use this to make a bootable USB drive for the install.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

I've done it many times. In fact I have a stick ready to go in my desk drawer for the next time someone breaks their install. ;)

Ask a Question