Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as ...

TomazL

Hi!

I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.

When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not enough
memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...

There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7 issue
since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
compatibility modes. To no avail.

Any solution to this problem?

Ronx

Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me that
error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

kimmie

I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am running
frontpage 2003 on vista?

Andash

I had this issue as well when initially opening a frontpage site with FP 2003
and Windows 7 as well. Also once in to the site I got this message when
trying to insert an image.
To fix it I eventually opened a local web on my C:\ drive that and the went
in Frontpage to Tools | Site Settings | Advanced | Delete-Temporary Files.
This clears the FP temp file cache which I think causes this type of error..
Hope that works for you..
a.a

Andrew Murray

If you're talking about VISTA why have you mentioned WINDOWS 7 in your
subject line??

Tom Willett

It was a thread hi-jacking ;-)
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: If you're talking about VISTA why have you mentioned WINDOWS 7 in your
: subject line??
:
:
: : > I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am
running
: > frontpage 2003 on vista?
: >
: > "Ronx" wrote:
: >
: >> Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me
: >> that
: >> error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
: >> However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
: >> I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
: >> --
: >> Ron Symonds
: >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
: >>
: >> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
: >>
: >>
: >>
: >> : >> > Hi!
: >> >
: >> > I have installed FP2003 on Windows 7. All updates applied.
: >> >
: >> > When I open a site and then some page and try to Save as ... a dialog
: >> > appears and then an error message: An unexpected error occured: Not
: >> > enough
: >> > memory available to complete the operation. Close other ...
: >> >
: >> > There is of course enough memory available. It must be some Windows 7
: >> > issue
: >> > since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in
various
: >> > compatibility modes. To no avail.
: >> >
: >> > Any solution to this problem?
: >>
: >>

Gary

Since FrontPage is discontinued and hasn't been updated in 3-4 years, it's
not likely that Microsoft will have much incentive to ensure that it works
properly under Windows 7. Does anyone know if the now free SharePoint
Designer will work with Front Page Extensions? Or WebDAV?

thanks,
Gary

Ronx

FrontPage 2003 works properly in Windows 7 RTM. SharePoint Designer and
Expression Web will both work with the FrontPage extensions.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

Kevin

Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
to no avail.
Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
their websites.
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kevin

No worries !! After switching few times to compatibility mode for Win XP SP3
and rebooting, it worked flawlesly :)
Still before that I have used the FPcleaner tool that Ronx suggested, so
dunno it that matters.
Next time I will go one-by-one to determine the proper steps.

Thanks for all the help here

Cary Wagner

I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.

I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.

Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.

Cheers...

Kevin wrote:

RE: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .
03-Sep-09

Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
to no avail
Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
their websites
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank

:

Keep the Baddies away from your website or blog
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...6-3c895ab1f46e/keep-the-baddies-away-fro.aspx

Cary Wagner

Frontpage has been replaced by SharePiont Designer. And, it appears that it doesn't have the same issues that FP has in Windows 7. Best of all, it's FREE!!! I have provided links below to the information page and download.

SharePiont Designer:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/FX100487631033.aspx

SharePiont Designer Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=baa3ad86-bfc1-4bd4-9812-d9e710d44f42

Enjoy!!! Cheers...

Cary

Cary Wagner wrote:

Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as
02-Oct-09

I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.

I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.

Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.

Cheers...

Parse the Active Directory group recursively and print all the members
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-8c7141a5dde4/parse-the-active-director.aspx

Kevin

Phew...will try it out tomorrow. Cary, you are my man if it turns out ok. I
like the FREE part in your post..that will remedy what I've paid for the old
Office 2003 and YES, you are absolutely right about the different products
coming out , rendering old versions obsolete...but hey, what we can do about
it ..some call it progress and it is. It's just some old guys like myself
having hard time keeping up with the new techs out there.

Cheers...

Stefan B Rusynko

Actually FP has been replaced by 2 products - EW & SPD
See http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/feb06/02-15Designer.mspx
Yes SPD is free, but EW is the recommended single user product
- EW is not free but does have a free trial
See http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_Overview.aspx

Cary Wagner wrote:

[...]

Well, to be honest, I do not care. I have already tested SPD and it works
fine with Win 7 Ultimate . The memory error is gone and that was my original
goal .

Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi to all,

i´ve got problems with FP 2003 in Windows 7 (32 bit) operating system and office 2010.
First it worked with problems. When i wanted saving a word, excel... document in FP, don't let me do it. I must do "save as" in other site. That was a little problem. Now, the error is "the server close inexperately". What can i do?? I try cleaning FP temporaly fields and nothing works!!!
I try also working with Web Expression 4 and the same error appears.

Help me please.

Thanks,

JonEimon.

Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
12,268
Reaction score
283
you would get more help if you posted a new thread!
this one is over 2 years old & may not help you get the help you are after!