    since FP2003 was working just fine on Vista. I tried running in various
    compatibility modes. To no avail.

    Any solution to this problem?

    TomazL, Aug 24, 2009

  2. TomazL

    Ronx Guest

    Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me that
    error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
    However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
    I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
    --
    Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

    Ronx, Aug 24, 2009

  3. TomazL

    kimmie Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am running
    frontpage 2003 on vista?

    kimmie, Aug 25, 2009
  4. TomazL

    Ronx Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    Windows 7 is the new operating system following Vista - it will be in the
    shops from October 22, 2009.

    Download FP Cleaner from http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and run
    the routines that
    delete the hidden temporary files
    delete the hidden web cache files

    This may help.

    Ronx, Aug 25, 2009
  5. TomazL

    kimmie Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    it now crashes whenever I click on anything in the toolbar, help?

    kimmie, Aug 25, 2009
  6. TomazL

    Andash Guest

    I had this issue as well when initially opening a frontpage site with FP 2003
    and Windows 7 as well. Also once in to the site I got this message when
    trying to insert an image.
    To fix it I eventually opened a local web on my C:\ drive that and the went
    in Frontpage to Tools | Site Settings | Advanced | Delete-Temporary Files.
    This clears the FP temp file cache which I think causes this type of error..
    Hope that works for you..
    a.a

    Andash, Aug 26, 2009
  7. Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    If you're talking about VISTA why have you mentioned WINDOWS 7 in your
    subject line??

    Andrew Murray, Aug 26, 2009
  8. TomazL

    Tom Willett Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    It was a thread hi-jacking ;-)
    --
    Tom [Pepper] Willett
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
    "Andrew Murray" <> wrote in message
    : If you're talking about VISTA why have you mentioned WINDOWS 7 in your
    : subject line??
    :
    :
    : "kimmie" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > I am having the same problem, I don't know what windows 7 is? I am
    running
    : > frontpage 2003 on vista?
    : >
    : > "Ronx" wrote:
    : >
    : >> Which version of Windows 7? The Beta and RC x64 versions both gave me
    : >> that
    : >> error when saving with any program - rebooting cured it for some hours.
    : >> However the problem is cured (for me) in the RTM version.
    : >> I have FP2003 running in Windows 7 x64 RTM with no problems.
    : >> --
    : >> Ron Symonds
    : >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
    : >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    : >>
    : >> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
    : >>
    : >>
    : >>
    : >> "TomazL" <> wrote in message
    : >> news:...
    : >> > Hi!
    : >> >

    Tom Willett, Aug 26, 2009
  9. TomazL

    Gary Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    Since FrontPage is discontinued and hasn't been updated in 3-4 years, it's
    not likely that Microsoft will have much incentive to ensure that it works
    properly under Windows 7. Does anyone know if the now free SharePoint
    Designer will work with Front Page Extensions? Or WebDAV?

    thanks,
    Gary

    Gary, Aug 27, 2009
  10. TomazL

    Ronx Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    FrontPage 2003 works properly in Windows 7 RTM. SharePoint Designer and
    Expression Web will both work with the FrontPage extensions.

    Ronx, Aug 27, 2009
  11. TomazL

    Kevin Guest

    RE: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
    to no avail.
    Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
    obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
    their websites.
    Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

    Kevin, Sep 3, 2009
  12. TomazL

    Kevin Guest

    RE: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .

    No worries !! After switching few times to compatibility mode for Win XP SP3
    and rebooting, it worked flawlesly :)
    Still before that I have used the FPcleaner tool that Ronx suggested, so
    dunno it that matters.
    Next time I will go one-by-one to determine the proper steps.

    Thanks for all the help here

    Kevin, Sep 3, 2009
  13. TomazL

    Cary Wagner Guest

    Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as

    I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.

    I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.

    Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.

    Cheers...

    Kevin wrote:

    RE: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as .
    03-Sep-09

    Well, I have Win7 Ultimate RTM with FrontPage 2003 and tried all suggestions
    to no avail
    Any other ideas on how to get rid of that Memory error ?? I know that FP is
    obsolete since late 2006 , but there are still tons of ppl that use it for
    their websites
    Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank

    "Andash" wrote:

    Keep the Baddies away from your website or blog
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...6-3c895ab1f46e/keep-the-baddies-away-fro.aspx

    Cary Wagner, Oct 2, 2009
  14. TomazL

    Cary Wagner Guest

    Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as

    Frontpage has been replaced by SharePiont Designer. And, it appears that it doesn't have the same issues that FP has in Windows 7. Best of all, it's FREE!!! I have provided links below to the information page and download.

    SharePiont Designer:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/FX100487631033.aspx

    SharePiont Designer Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=baa3ad86-bfc1-4bd4-9812-d9e710d44f42

    Enjoy!!! Cheers...

    Cary

    Cary Wagner wrote:

    Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as
    02-Oct-09

    I am running Win 7 Ultimate RTM. Have FP2003 loaded and patched up. I have compatibility set for WinXP SP3. I can load local sites with no problem, but when I try to attach to a remote FP site, I get the 'Out of memory error'.

    I have tried FP Cleaner (suggested by Ronx), Site Settings/Delete Temp, and even holding a dead chicken over the PC. I wouldn't suggest the latter, it's a bit messy. The only thing that appears to work is re-logging or rebooting, and only then it's a one-time shot.

    Has anyone come up with any other brilliant ideas? This is getting rediculous and horribly time consuming. I realize MS wants us to buy something new, but this is nuts! First DRM, now FrontPage, it's getting a bit mad when one has to keep switching technologies every few years and rebuild things from scratch over and over.

    Cheers...

    Parse the Active Directory group recursively and print all the members
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-8c7141a5dde4/parse-the-active-director.aspx

    Cary Wagner, Oct 2, 2009
  15. TomazL

    Kevin Guest

    RE: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as

    Phew...will try it out tomorrow. Cary, you are my man if it turns out ok. I
    like the FREE part in your post..that will remedy what I've paid for the old
    Office 2003 and YES, you are absolutely right about the different products
    coming out , rendering old versions obsolete...but hey, what we can do about
    it ..some call it progress and it is. It's just some old guys like myself
    having hard time keeping up with the new techs out there.

    Cheers...

    Kevin, Oct 2, 2009
  16. Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as

    Actually FP has been replaced by 2 products - EW & SPD
    See http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/feb06/02-15Designer.mspx
    Yes SPD is free, but EW is the recommended single user product
    - EW is not free but does have a free trial
    See http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_Overview.aspx

    Stefan B Rusynko, Oct 3, 2009
  17. TomazL

    Kevin Guest

    Re: Windows 7 / FrontPage 2003: Out of memory error upon Save as

    Well, to be honest, I do not care. I have already tested SPD and it works
    fine with Win 7 Ultimate . The memory error is gone and that was my original
    goal .

    Kevin, Oct 5, 2009
  18. TomazL

    JonEimon

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi to all,

    i´ve got problems with FP 2003 in Windows 7 (32 bit) operating system and office 2010.
    First it worked with problems. When i wanted saving a word, excel... document in FP, don't let me do it. I must do "save as" in other site. That was a little problem. Now, the error is "the server close inexperately". What can i do?? I try cleaning FP temporaly fields and nothing works!!!
    I try also working with Web Expression 4 and the same error appears.

    Help me please.

    Thanks,

    JonEimon.

    JonEimon, Feb 24, 2012
  19. TomazL

    feckit 4x4 Cruncher VIP Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2006
    Messages:
    11,301
    Likes Received:
    42
    Location:
    Plant Earth
    you would get more help if you posted a new thread!
    this one is over 2 years old & may not help you get the help you are after!

    feckit, Feb 24, 2012
  20. TomazL

    JonEimon

    Joined: