Windows 7 Windows 7 Family Pack ... but not for the UK?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Speaking on the Windows Team Blog, Microsoft's Brandon LeBlanc fessed up with the following statement:

"I know there have been some rumours going around about a “family pack” for Windows 7. We have heard a lot of feedback from beta testers and enthusiasts over the last 3 years that we need a better solution for homes with multiple PCs. I’m happy to confirm that we will indeed be offering a family pack of Windows 7 Home Premium (in select markets) which will allow installation on up to 3 PCs. As I’ve said before, stay tuned to our blog for more information on this and any other potential offers."

In true Microsoft fashion, the drip-fed details are absent of all-important information such as availability and pricing. However, if leaked details are to be believed, a three-license Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack could be hitting US stores with a price tag of around $144.99.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19378

also

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10292332-56.html

:user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So Microsoft's way of reacting to the EU banning them from inlcuding IE with Win 7 is to penalise European customers eh?

They really do act like a load of spoilt kids and quite frankly, there are times I hate them intensely.

Would an American import of a Win 7 family pack activate in the UK? I rather suspect it would.

And it wouldn't even need to be installed from the original disk.

If you have a friend in the States they could buy the family pack for you, send you the code and host the disk's content for you to download via FTP.

As far as I can see, that's legal as the activation code has been paid for.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I was thinking that mr Flopp's..:thumb:

Nothing to stop you buying an american version and installing it here..

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
They really do act like a load of spoilt kids and quite frankly, there are times I hate them intensely.
Good thing you weren't a Linux user during their 2006 hate campaign.

laughingsmiley.gif

S'il faut donner son sang,
Allez donner le vôtre,
Vous êtes bon apôtre
Monsieur le président.
Si vous me poursuivez,
Prevenez vos gendarmes
Que je n'aurai pas d'armes
Et qu'ils pourront tirer.

peacelovetux.jpg

happywave.gif

Ask a Question