Windows 7 Windows 7 and Live Messenger

Reaction score
Hi. I have recently bought a new PC with Windows 7 pre-installed.
icon7.gif
After a few weeks use Windows Live Messenger has suddenly started appearing on start-up. I don't use Live Messenger and want to stop it appearing.
icon8.gif
I found instructions for disabling it which said I had to open 'services.msc', find Windows Live or Windows Messenger and click Stop.
icon7.gif
The only problem is that neither Windows Live nor Windows Messenger are in the list of services.
icon8.gif
Is there any other way I can stop Windows Live from opening? Grateful for any help.

Reaction score
I would say if you dont use it then its best to remove it through programs and features in control panel.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to PC Review :wave:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Camaro said:
Hi. I have recently bought a new PC with Windows 7 pre-installed.
icon7.gif
After a few weeks use Windows Live Messenger has suddenly started appearing on start-up. I don't use Live Messenger and want to stop it appearing.
icon8.gif
I found instructions for disabling it which said I had to open 'services.msc', find Windows Live or Windows Messenger and click Stop.
icon7.gif
The only problem is that neither Windows Live nor Windows Messenger are in the list of services.
icon8.gif
Is there any other way I can stop Windows Live from opening? Grateful for any help.
Just uninstall WLM from the control panel iif your not using it.

That is for Windows messenger, not Windows Live Messenger. They are two different programs. ;)

Windows Messenger isn't part of 7 IIRC.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I downloaded Incredemail and found it very interesting with the butler who announces my mail. The downside was that I was unable to input contacts from Outlook which-of course, wasn't on that computer. I then tried to work with Windows Live. I could import the contacts but the program insists on downloading a newer version but never seems to install it. Also, Internet Explorer failed in the process. I looked up Thunderbird and only found negative reviews so didn't try it. Outlook 2007 isn't a program I've purchased.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
kristain, welcome to the forums :)

But I have to ask - are you a robot?

If so I think one of your valves needs replacing :)

Ask a Question