Windows 7 Windows 7 and BIOS not recognising CD/DVD drives

Reaction score
:(Hi Gang hoping someone out there will be able to help me on this one. I have installed Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit on the wife's PC and created a back up on her D drive all OK so far, but when I tried to create a boot disc and repair DVD disc the OS did not recognise the CD/DVD's but does recognise a non existent floppy drive. I have gone into the BIOS and the two CD/DVD drives are also not on the BIOS. Can someone in simple terms tell me how to get the Bios and Windows 7 to recognise them so that I can make the E drive the first boot disc.:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to say what the spec for her PC is
Mother board: Fox Conn 945 7AD series
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz
RAM: 4 Gig
C drive: 1000gig
D drive: 500gig

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
One detects an element of mickey taking one does :)

As in 'Thanks for the help'

Far as I know, all versions of Windows shows a floppy drive even if there isn't one.

MS should really do something about that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I totally missed this thread the first time. :(

Soz

Reaction score
:blush:Sorry chaps but it has all gone tits up now all I get is the Foxconn splash screen the n the next screen and a message Boot Manager is missing. So cannot boot, I have tried to re install but will not boot from Windows installation disc :cry: any ideas

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Can you get into BIOS and check the boot order?

Reaction score
No cannot get into BIOS only the pre Bios screen where the error message comes up. Do you think the motherboard has had it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, that dont sound too good.... You mean the first splash screen right?

Reaction score
I have now disconected the hard drive and the CD drivees removed the battery for 30 seconds & placed it back,reconected the hard ware, fired it up all OK so far put the CD drive as the 1st boot drive in the BIOS and now reinstalling Windows 7 with a fresh install. Keep your fingers crossed I will let you know how I get on.:D

Reaction score
After re setting the BIOS the installation is going well just downloading the Windows 7 updates. That will not to have backed up the wife's PC:blush:

Reaction score
:thumb: All OK now writing this on "she who must obeyed" PC. Would have never heard the end of it if I hadent got it fixed by the time she came home from work. Learnt my lesson and have backed it up and burnt a boot and repair disc:bow:

Ask a Question