    “member profile changes were not saved because member not foundâ€

    Same thing happens for every user on AD.

    Any clue? Thanx

    A. Ortolá, May 23, 2008

  2. A. Ortolá

    A. Ortolá Guest

    Re: Windows 2003 Server unable to assign static IP address to RAS

    Thank you for your answer Kurt. Unfortunately that's not what I was looking
    for, since this will mean either login on each client computer to set the
    parameters up or make the users mess with things they don't have to...

    Anyway, I found the solution. As soon as I configured RRAS Server to assign
    IP addresses from a pool instead of using DHCP, I was able to set the static
    IP address on the user properties in AD.

    A. Ortolá, May 27, 2008

  3. A. Ortolá

    Sean Kearney Guest

    Re: Windows 2003 Server unable to assign static IP address to RAS

    I'll add to this. With our present setup our server is in a 1U colo. No
    space for a VPN router to add. Our DPM 2007 sits in another remote location.
    But I needed a solution that would allow the DPM to just be picked up, moved
    to a different location if needed and with minimal config, still get that
    static IP address.

    Under the dial In tab I did the "STATIC IP" address which worked great, but
    I found after some time it would go asking for another address and get it,
    which broke my rules on ISA. :(

    So the solution for me was TWO fold.

    1) Dial In tab - assign static IP address for user (You're allowed this
    address)
    2) User side - assign static IP address and DNS under VPN connection.

    I found if I only did it on User Side the RAS would reject my Static IP
    request. Had to do it on both.

    This is with the RAS server handing out DHCP as a DHCP server, pool on this
    assigned.

    So our remote colo will accept the connect via VPN from it's DPM 2007 server
    and keep getting that same IP address.

    Why this worry? ISA is running on that remote colo and needs a static IP
    address on it's rules to allow the unsigned RPC.

    Sean Kearney, Jul 6, 2008