    Lutz Elßner Guest

    How can I copy a file to a zip compressed Folder from command line?
    Lutz

    Lutz Elßner, Mar 15, 2004

  2. On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:41:51 +0100, "Lutz Elßner" <www.vb-hosting.de>
    wrote in microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin:

    >How can I copy a file to a zip compressed Folder from command line?

    Not easily. Apparently, it is possible with Visual Basic/Script to open
    a ZIP folder and access its files. Too hard for me. If you really want
    to, have a look at Eduardo A. Morcillo's CompressedFolder.cls at
    <http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/vb6/shell/xpzip.shtml>.

    I haven't found any command line functions to manipulate ZIP files with
    built-in tools, except:
    rundll32.exe zipfldr.dll,RouteTheCall fubar.ZIP
    which will open the ZIP folder in a GUI.

    The only way I know to manipulate ZIP files from the command line is to
    get WinZip and its command line adjuncts wzzip and wzunzip; then:
    wzzip -a fubar.ZIP file.any
    will add file.any to the ZIP archive fubar.ZIP

    I suppose that DynaZip/InnerMedia, where MS got this feature, may supply
    similar tools, as will probably a number of others (PKZIP springs to
    mind).

    Michael Bednarek, Mar 16, 2004

  3. Michael Bednarek wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:41:51 +0100, "Lutz Elßner" <www.vb-hosting.de>
    >wrote in microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin:
    >
    >>How can I copy a file to a zip compressed Folder from command line?

    >Not easily. Apparently, it is possible with Visual Basic/Script to open
    >a ZIP folder and access its files. Too hard for me. If you really want
    >to, have a look at Eduardo A. Morcillo's CompressedFolder.cls at
    ><http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/vb6/shell/xpzip.shtml>.
    >
    >I haven't found any command line functions to manipulate ZIP files with
    >built-in tools, except:
    >rundll32.exe zipfldr.dll,RouteTheCall fubar.ZIP
    >which will open the ZIP folder in a GUI.
    >
    >The only way I know to manipulate ZIP files from the command line is to
    >get WinZip and its command line adjuncts wzzip and wzunzip; then:
    >wzzip -a fubar.ZIP file.any
    >will add file.any to the ZIP archive fubar.ZIP
    >
    >I suppose that DynaZip/InnerMedia, where MS got this feature, may supply
    >similar tools, as will probably a number of others (PKZIP springs to
    >mind).

    And the respective links for 2 freeware and pkzip (use Dosv2.50) are:
    www.info-zip.org
    www.7zip.org
    www.pkzip.com

    --